Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album

Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — District

Most viewed - Places — District
Craigs Pool729 viewsA view of the most popular summer picnic area in Glen Fruin, Craigs Pool.No apostrophe required, because it is not the pool belonging to, or associated with, anyone called Craig. As with Craigendoran (meaning ‘rock of the otter’) the craigs referred to are the big flagstones on the bottom of the pool. Craig is Gaelic for stone or rock and it is where the word crag or craggy comes from. Image, circa 2006, supplied by Gordon Fraser.
Gareloch sunset724 viewsAn atmospheric image of a yacht moored in the Gareloch near Rhu at sunset, circa 1951.
Gareloch from Whistlefield722 viewsA farmer poses in his field on the Whistlefield Hill, above Garelochhead. Image circa 1903.
Ardenconnel, Rhu719 viewsThe avenue leading up to Ardenconnel House at Rhu. Image published by The Post Office, Row, Gareloch, circa 1905.
Garelochhead from west719 viewsLooking down to Garelochhead village from the hillside on the west side of the Gareloch. Image date unknown.
Ardenconnel Road, Rhu719 viewsA view down Ardenconnel Road showing a yacht and the Training Ship Empress moored in the Gareloch off Rhu. Image circa 1913.
Garelochhead from station717 viewsA 1907 image of Garelochhead seem from the station.
Blairnairn Cottage in Glen Fruin716 viewsLooking west in Glen Fruin towards Blairnairn at harvest time. Image date unknown.
Kilcreggan from the pier715 viewsThe houses on Kilcreggan seafront, seen from the pier, circa 1908.
Glen Fruin714 viewsCattle in Glen Fruin, looking west from near the Black Bridge. Image pre-1945, but date unknown.
Rhu Spit713 viewsA view of the Gareloch from above Rhu. Image date unknown, circa early 1900s.
Tamnavoulin713 viewsAn old view looking east at the back of Tamnavoulin Cottage in Glen Fruin, published by Sam's of Helensburgh. Image date unknown.
241 files on 21 page(s) 7