Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — District

Most viewed - Places — District
Cardross_Main_Street_AM.jpg
Cardross Main Street772 viewsAn old image of Cardross Main Street looking west, with the house which later became the Muirholm Hotel and is now a Co-op foodstore, on the right. Image, date unknown, supplied by Archie McIntyre.
Garelochhead_boats.jpg
Garelochhead771 viewsLooking north towards east Garelochhead. Image circa 1905.
Garelochhead_from_station.jpg
Garelochhead768 viewsA view of Garelochhead from the railway station. Image circa 1943.
Ferry_House1975.jpg
Ferry House767 viewsAn aerial view of Ferry House, Rosneath, formerly Ferry Inn, taken in 1965. The Edwin Lutyens-designed building was commissioned by Queen Victoria's daughter Princess Louise, the Dowager Duchess of Argyll, in the 1890s and rebuilt from an old pub. Bob Hope stayed there while entertaining troops at the nearby World War Two naval base. It fell into disuse, but was rebuilt again in the late 1950s by boatbuilder Peter Boyle.
Glen_Fruin2621.jpg
Glen Fruin765 viewsA trap goes down the hill towards Drumfad Farm in Glen Fruin. The picture was published by M. & J.Brown, Photographers and Miniature Painters, of West Bay Studio, Helensburgh, circa 1920.
Gareloch-shipping027-w.jpg
Laid up shipping763 viewsMerchant shipping laid up in the Gareloch off Clynder during the 1930s.
Craigendoran_Avenue.jpg
Craigendoran Avenue761 viewsThe terraced houses on both sides of the unmade-up Craigendoran Avenue. Image circa 1905.
Early_Rhu.jpg
Rhu village760 viewsAn early image of the village of Rhu, at that time Row. It shows the school where the village green now is, and the villa Ardenvohr, built in 1857 to the design of local architect Thomas Gildard and at various times the home of the Muir and Hoggans families. It became the Royal Northern Yacht Club clubhouse in 1937, and in 1978 the club's name changed to the Royal Northern and Clyde Yacht Club. Image date unknown.
Garelochhead-bay.jpg
Dalandhui and Garelochhead757 viewsLooking west from Garelochhead across the Gareloch towards Dalandhui on the left and the rest of the village, circa 1910.
Garelochhead-bay~0.jpg
Garelochhead Bay757 viewsLooking west from Garelochhead across the loch to Dalandhui, with a large yacht moored offshore. Image circa 1905.
Kirkpark_Lane,_Rhu1214.jpg
Kirkpark Lane, Rhu, circa 1920756 views
Gareloch_from_Rahane1192.jpg
Gareloch from Rahane754 viewsA view towards Garelochhead, with two merchant ships at anchor. Date unknown.
241 files on 21 page(s) 4