Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — District

Most viewed - Places — District
Garelochhead-w~0.jpg
Garelochhead beach154 viewsThe tide is in at Garelochhead in this image published and issued by the proprietor of Shandon Hydro Hotel. Image date unknown.
Firkin_Toll_1932.jpg
Toll Cottage152 viewsThe toll cottage at Firkin Toll on Loch Lomondside, between Inverbeg and Tarbet and now the site of a large picnic area. Image c.1932.
Bannachra-Castle.jpg
Bannachra Castle138 viewsThe ruins of Bannachra Castle on the Luss road from Helensburgh, between Cross Keys and Arden. The Castle was in roughly the shape of a parallelogram, 46 feet long and 24 feet wide, and was three storeys high with a barrel vaulted basement, a main or hall floor and an attic floor. It is currently owned by the Lumsden family, which has owned the lands on which the castle is since the 19th century. Reputed to be on the site of a former construction, it was probably built in the 16th century. Image c1910.
Fruin-in-winter.jpg
Snowy Glen135 viewsThe Craig's Pool area of Glen Fruin after a heavy snow fall. Image c1910.
Tamnavoulin-SN-2-w.jpg
Tamnavoulin127 viewsThe historic Glen Fruin cottage Tamnavoulin, pictured by Stewart Noble in 2015, the year it was bought for redevelopment. The name of the small cottage derives from the Gaelic for ‘hill of the mill’. The vicinity of the cottage is thought to have been the site of a dwelling as far back as the 15th century, while one account gives the date of the present building as early 19th century.
Tamnavoulin-SN-3-w.jpg
Tamnavoulin124 viewsThe historic Glen Fruin cottage Tamnavoulin, pictured by Stewart Noble in 2015, the year it was bought for redevelopment. The name of the small cottage derives from the Gaelic for ‘hill of the mill’. The vicinity of the cottage is thought to have been the site of a dwelling as far back as the 15th century, while one account gives the date of the present building as early 19th century.
Tamnavoulin-SN-1-w~1.jpg
Tamnavoulin107 viewsThe historic Glen Fruin cottage Tamnavoulin, pictured by Stewart Noble in 2015, the year it was bought for redevelopment. The name of the small cottage derives from the Gaelic for ‘hill of the mill’. The vicinity of the cottage is thought to have been the site of a dwelling as far back as the 15th century, while one account gives the date of the present building as early 19th century.
Fruin_flowers.jpg
Fruin flowers104 viewsPhotograph of his wife, Christina Graham from Rhu, and children Graham and Mabel picking flowers in Glen Fruin, taken c.1910 by keen amateur photographer Robert Thorburn, a Helensburgh grocery store manager.
School_Road_Rhu.jpg
School Road Rhu83 viewsA 1909 image of School Road in Row (now Rhu).
Geilston-Hall.jpg
Geilston Hall81 viewsGeilston Hall in Cardross. It was built in 1889-90 by Honeyman and Keppie as a drill hall for the local rifle volunteers. The pale sandstone hall is set back from the road and is in a Collegiate Tudor style. There is a two-storey administration block at the west end incorporating a square tower with a crenellated parapet. The former instructor's accommodation is on the upper level. Today the popular meeting place is operated in trust by the elected Geilston Hall Management Committee, and is a Registered Scottish Charity (SC040631). Photo by Stewart Noble.
Fruin_fishing.jpg
Fruin fishing80 viewsPhotograph of George Nicol fishing in Glen Fruin with two young helpers, taken c.1910 by keen amateur photographer Robert Thorburn, a Helensburgh grocery store manager.
Strone_Farm.jpg
Strone Farm73 viewsA 1905 image of Strone Farm in Glen Fruin.
241 files on 21 page(s) 20