Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — District

Most viewed - Places — District
Kilcreggan_from_air.jpg
Kilcreggan from the air688 viewsA 1962 image of Kilcreggan from the air.
Garelochhead-from-Station-w.jpg
Garelochhead688 viewsA view of Garelochhead from the village station. Image, date unknown, supplied by Gordon Fraser.
Rhu-from-behind3889.jpg
Rhu from behind687 viewsAn unusual view of Rhu village from the hill behind. Image circa 1926.
Rhu_village_1931.jpg
Rhu Village686 viewsA 1931 image of Rhu village taken from a boat on the Gareloch, published by Winton, Stationer, Rhu Post Office.
Fruin-from-Craigs-Pool-w.jpg
Snowy Fruin686 viewsA wintertime scene in Glen Fruin looking to the north and west. Image, circa 2006, supplied by Gordon Fraser.
Barremman_Pier3431.jpg
Barremman Pier684 viewsThe pier at Barremman, Clynder, built about 1877 on the instructions of Robert Thom, owner of Barremman Estate, is pictured, circa 1904. It was blown up by the Army in November 1967 as it was the cheapest way to demolish the pier, which had become unsafe.
Kidston_Bay_steamer.jpg
Gareloch view684 viewsA view of the Gareloch from near Kidston Park showing a steamer which has just passed the Training Ship Empress. Image circa 1912.
Rosneath_jetty.jpg
Silver's jetty684 viewsAn atmospheric photo by Kirsten Easdale of the jetty at Silver's, from the boatyard in Rosneath. Image, taken in midsummer 2013, supplied by Kirsten.
Sunnyside,_Kilcreggan172.jpg
Sunnyside, Kilcreggan683 viewsChildren are playing on the grass in this 1918 image of Sunnyside Cottages and School at Kilcreggan. It was published by Kerr, Post Office, Kilcreggan.
Glen_Loin_Youth_Hostel.jpg
Glen Loin Youth Hostel682 viewsThe Glen Loin Youth Hostel, near the Succoth Burn at Arrochar, was provided for the Scottish Youth Hostels Association by a grant from the Carnegie U.K. Trustees and was opened on March 19 1932 by Sir John Clerk Maxwell. It was very popular with climbers, as it was at the foot of the 'Arrochar Alps', and was in operation from 1932 to 1950. Image circa 1939.
Shandon_from_pier.jpg
Shandon from pier682 viewsShandon Pier, which was demolished in 1980, with Shandon Church beyond. It became linked with Rhu Church in 1954, which led to full union in 1971. It ceased to be a church in 1981, and was converted into dwellings. Image circa 1908.
Rhu-Bay131.jpg
Rhu Bay681 viewsA motor yacht moored in Rhu Bay with the village beyond, circa 1909.
241 files on 21 page(s) 11