Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Last additions
Gasometer-w.jpg
Burgh gasometer168 viewsThe gasometer, built in 1928, stood between East Clyde Street and East Princes Street opposite Helensburgh Central Station. It was decommissioned in 2012 and demolished in the summer of 2014, to be replaced by a car park. Photo by Kenneth Crawford.Mar 28, 2019
Garrawy-b-stone-w.jpg
Boundary stone172 viewsOne of Helensburgh's boundary stones, this one in Garrawy Glen above Kirkmichael. Photo by Kenneth Crawford.Mar 28, 2019
Burgh-pier-w.jpg
Pier from above107 viewsAn aerial view of the Helensburgh pier area, pre-2010 when the Mariners pub opposite the old Parish Church tower was burnt down.Mar 28, 2019
1999-Victoria-Inf-w.jpg
Victoria Infirmary garden126 viewsThis garden in front of the Victoria Infirmary and beside new build premises was sponsored by Helensburgh Toyota. 1999 photo by Kenneth Crawford.Mar 28, 2019
2000-televisor-w.jpg
106 viewsHeritage Trust chairman Stewart Noble with John Logie Baird's daughter Diana Richardson at the opening of the 'Unknown John Logie Baird Exhibition' in 2000.Photo by Kenneth Crawford.Mar 28, 2019
1999_East-Bay-pavilion-w.jpg
East Bay Pavilion169 viewsThis building at the east end of Helensburgh's East Bay was a popular facility with bus parties and other visitors to have tea and look out at the Clyde. It was later taken over by a firm of architects as an office. When it was decided to demolish it in the 1990s a campaign to save it was unsuccessful. Photo by Kenneth Crawford.Mar 28, 2019
Betty-Humphreys-w.jpg
Trust founder120 viewsBetty Humphrey, whose hard work and persistence led to the foundation of Helensburgh Heritage Trust in 1996, is pictured with her late husband John. She later moved to Rochford in Essex. The Trust was officially founded at a public meeting in the Court Hall of the Municipal Buildings February 29 1996. Mrs Humphrey, a teacher, campaigned for it for several years, Photo by Kenneth Crawford.Mar 28, 2019
1933-Seafront-huts-w.jpg
Seafront huts175 viewsHuts on a busy Helensburgh west seafront, seen from the pier. Image c.1933.Mar 28, 2019
Fruin-sheep-w~2.jpg
Glen Fruin flock109 viewsBlackface sheep in Glen Fruin in years gone by. Image date unknown.Mar 27, 2019
Hill-House-box-w.jpg
Hill House 'box'118 viewsAn artist's impression of a huge box being erected over the Charles Rennie Mackintosh mansion in Upper Colquhoun Street in 2019 so that works can take place to solve damp ingress. in a pioneering conservation programme. The box is a protective steel frame structure covered in chainmail mesh with walkways around the roof and over the house, allowing people to see the house as never before.Mar 26, 2019
Provost-Andrew-Buchanan-w.jpg
Provost Andrew Buchanan115 viewsAn image from the Helensburgh and Gareloch Times of Andrew Buchanan, who served as Provost of Helensburgh from 1930-36. He donated the outdoor swimming pool to the burgh, and paid for the refurbishment of the interior of the Victoria Halls, amongst many acts of generosity.Mar 13, 2019
Lucy-Ashton-c_1910-w.jpg
Lucy Ashton99 viewsThe Lucy Ashton at Craigendoran Pier, c.1910. Image courtesy of Helensburgh Memories.Mar 13, 2019
2024 files on 169 page(s) 8