Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Last additions
Firkin_Toll_1932.jpg
Toll Cottage0 viewsThe toll cottage at Firkin Toll on Loch Lomondside, between Inverbeg and Tarbet and now the site of a large picnic area. Image c.1932.Dec 13, 2019
Kidston_Park_1903.jpg
Ornate fountain0 viewsA young boy poses beside an ornate drinking fountain which used to stand in Helensburgh's Kidston park. Image c.1903.Dec 13, 2019
Signal_box_Helensburgh.jpg
Signal box12 viewsThe old signal box just outside Helensburgh Central Station, with Alma Place in the background. Image date unknown.Dec 10, 2019
Engine_at_Helensburgh.jpg
15 viewsEngine no.67628, an 84-ton Gresley-designed V1 Class 2-5-2T locomotive, pulls coaches into Helensburgh Central Station. Image date unknown, but later than 1930.Dec 10, 2019
_A_Type_open_tops_of_the_1920_s.jpg
Open air travel34 views'A' Type open top buses of the 1920s parked at Rhu. Image kindly supplied by Donald John Chisholm.Dec 05, 2019
JLB_home_Bexhill.jpg
JLB's Bexhill home37 viewsJohn Logie Baird returned to the south coast in 1944, setting up home in Swiss Cottage, Bexhill. He lived there until his death two years later after suffering a stroke. The Station Road home was demolished in 2007 and the site now houses a development of apartments, named Baird Court.Dec 05, 2019
Putting_green2C_bus.jpg
Sunny putting19 viewsA bus awaits at Helensburgh pierhead and the putting green is busy on a sunny afternoon. Image c.1966.Dec 04, 2019
Comet_painting_1.jpg
Comet painting29 viewsA 1963 watercolour by Paul Sharp of Henry Bell's Comet at the time of the 150th anniversary.Dec 04, 2019
Lethamhill-w.jpg
Lethamhill47 viewsThis large, detached villa is a grade B listed building at 20 West Dhuhill Drive, Helensburgh, designed in 1914 by Sir John James Burnett, president of the Glasgow Institute of Architects in 1897. He also designed Glasgow's Alhambra Theatre and the Sick Children's Hospital at Yorkhill.Nov 15, 2019
Original-Rosneath-Castle-w.jpg
Pre-1802 Rosneath Castle84 viewsAn illustration by Alex McGibbon of the original castle, which comes from W.C.Maughan’s ‘Rosneath Past and Present’, written in 1893. It was burnt down in 1802, and replaced in 1806 by London architect Joseph Bonomi with a neo-classical mansion.Nov 15, 2019
Watts_Garage.jpg
Watts Garage132 viewsThe 86 Sinclair Street yard of Watts Motor House and Repair Shop, which also had premises at 53 Sinclair Street near the Princes Street junction. This yard is adjacent to the Malig Mill which stood behind the Victoria Hall, and it was taken over by the final Mill owners, R.S.MacFarlane & Son. Image circa 1905.Nov 06, 2019
1903_Seafront.jpg
1903 Seafront105 viewsA 1903 image of a busy day on the beach in Helensburgh, just to the west of the pier.Nov 02, 2019
1980 files on 165 page(s) 1