Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Sport

Last additions - Sport
Eileen-Crew-1-w.jpg
Crew of Eileen489 viewsThe crew of Eileen, a 75ft ketch built by William Fife in 1930, from the then Royal Northern Yacht Club at Rhu. Image supplied by Liz Sutherland, whose grandfather, Helensburgh man John Macdonald, worked as a steward on various yachts in the 1930s and later as a catering manager at several golf clubs in the West of Scotland. Names would be welcomed.Oct 29, 2020
Fruin_skating-1.jpg
Skating in Glen Fruin51 viewsPhotograph taken c.1910 by keen amateur photographer Robert Thorburn, a Helensburgh grocery store manager. It shows skaters enjoying the frozen River Fruin.Sep 09, 2020
Fruin_skating-2.jpg
Skating in Glen Fruin70 viewsPhotograph taken c.1910 by keen amateur photographer Robert Thorburn, a Helensburgh grocery store manager. It shows a skater enjoying the frozen River Fruin.Sep 09, 2020
1938-swimming-pool-w.jpg
Outdoor pool53 viewsTwo swimmers on the slide at Helensburgh Outdoor Pool in August 1938.Aug 31, 2020
Badminton-c1970-w.jpg
Champions all102 viewsHelensburgh and district badminton champions c.1970. Back row from left: Donald Grant, Robert Burns, Isobel Campbell, Ronnie Trail, Robert Watt; front: Freda Araqm, Morag Carlaw, Jean Masters, May MacKinnon. Image supplied by Anne Thorn.Apr 11, 2020
1936-swimming-pond-w.jpg
Busy Gala263 viewsHelensburg swimming pool is packed with spectators for a Helensburgh Swimming Club gala c.1936 — and the East Bay beyond is equally busy with sunseekers.Mar 27, 2020
Cardross-Golf-Club.jpg
Cardross Golf Club127 viewsThe clubhouse at Cardross Golf Club, which replaced a more traditional building which was destroyed in the 'Cardross Blitz' on May 6 1941. The club was founded in 1895, and the current course layout benefitted from design changes recommended by James Braid, which were implemented in 1921. Photo by Stewart Noble.Mar 02, 2020
Hermitage-Bowling-Club.jpg
Hermitage Bowling Club128 viewsThe long-closed bowling green in Hermitage Park, also known as the Low Green, where Hermitage Bowling Club was based, with the now demolished Park Superintendent's house at the back.Oct 25, 2019
Cardross-Golf-Club-original-w.jpg
Original clubhouse422 viewsThe original Cardross Golf Club clubhouse, which was destroyed in a World War Two bombing raid by the Luftwaffe over the night of May 5 1941. Photo by courtesy of Helensburgh Memories on Facebook.Apr 16, 2019
Rhu_tennis.jpg
Rhu tennis568 viewsThis group of tennis players at Rhu was photographed by well known Helensburgh photographer Bill Benzie. Image date unknown. Any further information would be most welcome.Jul 29, 2018
HLTC-winners-c_1970-w.jpg
Prizewinners696 viewsClub championship prizewinners at Helensburgh Lawn Tennis Club c.1970. From left: Jane Abel, Donald Fullarton, ?, David Arthur, Alastair Hope, Alex Hewitt and Marie Dixon.May 21, 2017
Rhu-Amateurs-1940s-w.jpg
1945-47 Rhu Amateurs795 viewsA Rhu Amateurs side from the 1940s. Back row (from left): John Parlane, David Dodds, Jim Spy, John Miller, Archie McNab, and John Parlane's twin, Willie; front: Sam Best, Hugh Dawson, Jimmy McIntyre, Peter Small, Charles Russell. Dec 19, 2016
147 files on 13 page(s) 1