Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — District

Last additions - Places — District
Tamnavoulin~0.jpg
Chilly Glen2 viewsA chilly day in Glen Fruin, with Tamnavoulin in the distance. The name of the small cottage derives from the Gaelic for ‘hill of the mill’. The vicinity of the cottage is thought to have been the site of a dwelling as far back as the 15th century, while one account gives the date of the present building as early 19th century. Image date unknown.Jul 12, 2020
Peaton_Hill.jpg
Peaton Hill2 viewsLooking down Peaton Road to the Gareloch and a merchant ship. Image c.1945 by A.C.Turner, Clynder.Jul 12, 2020
Luss-Cottages-w.jpg
201 viewsPicturesque cottages in Luss main street. Image c.1965.Jun 13, 2020
Garelochhead-w~0.jpg
Garelochhead beach96 viewsThe tide is in at Garelochhead in this image published and issued by the proprietor of Shandon Hydro Hotel. Image date unknown.Apr 14, 2020
Geilston-Hall.jpg
Geilston Hall55 viewsGeilston Hall in Cardross. It was built in 1889-90 by Honeyman and Keppie as a drill hall for the local rifle volunteers. The pale sandstone hall is set back from the road and is in a Collegiate Tudor style. There is a two-storey administration block at the west end incorporating a square tower with a crenellated parapet. The former instructor's accommodation is on the upper level. Today the popular meeting place is operated in trust by the elected Geilston Hall Management Committee, and is a Registered Scottish Charity (SC040631). Photo by Stewart Noble.Mar 02, 2020
Whistlefield-Brae-c_1900-w.jpg
Whistlefield Brae127 viewsThe Whistlefield Brae looking up the hill from Garelochhead. Image c.1900 by courtesy of the Helensburgh Memories website.Dec 24, 2019
Firkin_Toll_1932.jpg
Toll Cottage126 viewsThe toll cottage at Firkin Toll on Loch Lomondside, between Inverbeg and Tarbet and now the site of a large picnic area. Image c.1932.Dec 13, 2019
Clynder-from-loch.jpg
Clynder321 viewsClynder seen from the Gareloch. Image c1950.Oct 26, 2019
Old-Luss-Road-26_10_31.jpg
147 viewsA sketch of a young woman collecting firewood on the Old Luss Road, which runs from Helensburgh over the hill to Loch Lomond, and passes through Helensburgh Golf Club. Image c1910.Oct 26, 2019
Fruin-in-winter.jpg
Snowy Glen105 viewsThe Craig's Pool area of Glen Fruin after a heavy snow fall. Image c1910.Oct 25, 2019
Bannachra-Castle.jpg
Bannachra Castle108 viewsThe ruins of Bannachra Castle on the Luss road from Helensburgh, between Cross Keys and Arden. The Castle was in roughly the shape of a parallelogram, 46 feet long and 24 feet wide, and was three storeys high with a barrel vaulted basement, a main or hall floor and an attic floor. It is currently owned by the Lumsden family, which has owned the lands on which the castle is since the 19th century. Reputed to be on the site of a former construction, it was probably built in the 16th century. Image c1910.Oct 25, 2019
Tamnavoulin-SN-3-w.jpg
Tamnavoulin79 viewsThe historic Glen Fruin cottage Tamnavoulin, pictured by Stewart Noble in 2015, the year it was bought for redevelopment. The name of the small cottage derives from the Gaelic for ‘hill of the mill’. The vicinity of the cottage is thought to have been the site of a dwelling as far back as the 15th century, while one account gives the date of the present building as early 19th century.Oct 16, 2019
236 files on 20 page(s) 1