Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Old Postcards

Last additions - Old Postcards
hermitage_park.jpg
Hermitage Park1036 viewsThe War Memorial is on the left. Date unknown.Sep 29, 2007
general1.jpg
General postcard879 viewsSep 29, 2007
seafront.jpg
Helensburgh Seafront958 viewsTaken from the pier when the tide was in. Note the paddling pool along the beach.Sep 29, 2007
sinclair_st2.jpg
Sinclair Street looking north1007 viewsTaken at the junction of Sinclair Street and Clyde Street around 1927.Sep 29, 2007
colquhoun_square.jpg
Colquhoun Square1130 viewsSep 28, 2007
Rhu.jpg
Rhu Village934 viewsSep 27, 2007
Shandon_pier.jpg
Shandon Pier955 viewsSep 27, 2007
hydro_1stlounge.jpg
Lounge1141 viewsOne of two lounges at Shandon Hydropathic Hotel. Originally West Shandon, this magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished.Sep 27, 2007
hydro_2ndlounge.jpg
Lounge1035 viewsOne of two lounges at Shandon Hydropathic Hotel. Originally West Shandon, this magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished.Sep 27, 2007
hydro_diningroom.jpg
Dining Room1145 viewsPart of the dining room at Shandon Hydropathic Hotel. Originally West Shandon, this magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished.Sep 27, 2007
Hydro_fishingpond.jpg
Shandon Fishing Pond1104 viewsThis fishing pond was attached to Shandon Hydropathic Hotel, the former home of Clyde shipbuilder Robert Napier.Sep 27, 2007
helensburgh2.jpg
View of Helensburgh1036 viewsLooking over the town and across to the Rosneath Peninsula Appears from the golf course.
Sep 27, 2007
54 files on 5 page(s) 4