Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Organisations

Council_Water_Trip0584.jpg
Council Water Trip1079 viewsHelensburgh Town Council members and officials on the steps of the Municipal Buildings in East Princes Street before the last ever Water Trip in April 1968. It was the first trip for 17 years, and was a month before responsibility for the town's water passed to the Lower Clyde Water Board. The water scheme was inaugurated 100 years earlier. Pictured from left are George Primrose, Councillors Norman Glen and Edith Garty, Burgh Surveyor Jim McColm and behind him Parks Superintendent Tom McColl, Councillors John Langan, James Urquhart and behind him Ian Johnson, Provost J.McLeod Williamson and at the back Town Clerk Robert Mackay, Burgh Chamberlain Philip Mill and behind him Councillor Jae Gardiner, Bailie Alex Gillespie and ?, ?, ?.
Country-dancing3.jpg
Country dancers965 viewsMembers of the executive of the Helensburgh Country Dance Society at their annual Ball in the Queen's Hotel on December 4 1953. in the front row centre and third from right are branch founders Cathie Ramsay and Norah Dunn, and between them is branch president William Hunter, manager of James Simpson Ltd. in West Princes Street. In the background are members of an Australian pipe band which was visiting the district.
Craigendoran_Hall_Oct_1981-1.jpg
1st Craigendoran Scout Hall opening826 viewsVIP guests at the official opening of the 1st Craigendoran Scouts Hall beside the Clyde Centre in October 1981. On the left is Brigadier Alastair Pearson, Lord Lieutenant of Dunbartonshire, and third left is Councillor Billy Petrie. Image supplied by Geoff Riddington.
Craigendoran_Hall_Oct_1981-2.jpg
1st Craigendoran Scout Hall opening877 viewsBoys in the 1st Craigendoran Scouts show their climbing process at the opening of their Scout Hall beside the Clyde CE Centre in 1981. Image supplied by Geoff Riddington.
Cubs_at_Advertiser_19692.jpg
Cubs in the news1076 viewsMembers of a Helensburgh cub pack visit the then Helensburgh Advertiser office in East King Street in 1969, and are shown the Cossar printing press by managing director Craig Jeffrey.
Diamond_Jubilee_Party_1976.jpg
Diamond Jubilee829 viewsA formal photograph at the Diamond Jubilee party in 1976. Image supplied by Geoff Riddington.
DistrictCubs1991.jpg
Singing in the rain750 viewsMembers and leaders of the Helensburgh District Cubs are ready to sing outside on a wet night in 1991. Image supplied by Geoff Riddington.
Donkey_Derby1423.jpg
Lions Carnival1340 viewsMiss Great Britain, Jennifer Gurley, is with Helensburgh Lions Club members Provost J.McLeod Williamson and Alan Wylie at the Lions Club's Carnival and Donkey Derby in East King Street Park in July 1968. In the background is another Lions Club member, Stewart Walker.
Great-Britons-Rossdhu-House-1977-w.jpg
TV demonstration104 viewsHelensburgh and district members of the Royal Scottish Dance Society gave a demonstration at Rossdhu House, Luss, ancestral home of the Clan Colquhoun and now the Loch Lomond Golf Club clubhouse, for BBC programme "Great Britons — Robert Burns" in 1977. The violinist was Jimmy Yeaman, and the dancers from left were Bob Drummond, Etta Rennie, Mary McIntosh, George Rennie, Peggy Rose, Joyce Gregor and Ken Sharp. Image supplied by Anne Thorn.
heather_day_19189.jpg
Heather Day1169 viewsSupporters of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children take a Heather Day collection in Colquhoun Square in September 1918. The message of the trays reads: “Send Good Luck to your Friends at the Front”.
Hel-pipe-band4821.jpg
Helensburgh Pipe Band1002 viewsThe pipe band is probably pictured in Hermitage Park. Image date unknown.
Hel-Provost-chain-1-w.jpg
Provost's chain679 viewsThe Helensburgh Provost's chain of office. Possibly presented in 1812, the chain has a link which marks to the right the first Provost, steamship pioneer Henry Bell, who served from 1802, the year the town became a Burgh of Barony, to 1809, and to the left Norman M.Glen, the last Provost, who served from 1970-75. Below hangs a medallion dated 1812 with the burgh coat of arms. Photo by Stewart Noble.
87 files on 8 page(s) 4