Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Business

Queen_s_Hotel_front.jpg
The Queen's Hotel989 viewsOriginally the Baths Hotel and home of Helensburgh's first Provost, steamship pioneer Henry Bell, the Queen's Hotel — seen from the suth — was built by Bell in 1806. It was converted into flats in the mid-1980s. Image date unknown.
Queen_s_Hotel_sun_lounge.jpg
Queen's Hotel sun lounge867 viewsThe Queen's Hotel was originally Baths House, built by Henry Bell, who built Europe's first commercial steamship the Comet in 1812. It was always a very popular hotel, and the building has had many alterations but still stands on East Clyde Street, having been converted into flats. This image shows the hotel's sun lounge, date unknown.
Queen_s_Hotel~0.jpg
Queen's Hotel790 viewsThe Queen's Hotel was originally Baths House, built by Henry Bell, who built Europe's first commercial steamship the Comet in 1812. The building has had many alterations but still stands on East Clyde Street, having been converted into flats. Image date unknown.
Reece-sweetie-bag-w.jpg
Sweetie bag685 viewsThis is the colourful sweetie bag used by Margaret Reece at her sweetie shop, which was at the corner of Clyde Street and Maitland Street, Helensburgh, circa 1910. The sweets were made at the rear of the shop. Image supplied by her great grand-daughter Sue Taylor.
Reece-sweetie-shop.jpg
Sweetie shop713 viewsMargaret Reece is pictured outside her sweetie shop which was at the corner of Clyde Street and Maitland Street, Helensburgh, circa 1910. The sweets were made at the rear of the shop. Image supplied by her great grand-daughter Sue Taylor.
Rosneath-Farm-w.jpg
Rosneath Farm735 viewsRosneath Home Farm, built in 1801 to the design of Alexander Naysmith, served Rosneath Castle, the original home of the Campbell's. It is now on Scotland's Buildings At Risk Register. Image circa 1910.
Rosneath_corn_mill310.jpg
Old corn mill at Rosneath846 viewsTwo children wait outside the old corn mill at Rosneath as a trap approaches. Image circa 1905.
Rosneath_mill.jpg
Rosneath Mill687 viewsA 1904 image of the Rosneath Mill, taken by prize-winning amateur photographer David Johnston.
ross_cycles.jpg
Ross Cycles197 viewsAn image c.1910 of John Ross in front of his cycle shop at 33 West Princes Street, Helensburgh. Image supplied by his great-grandson Jeff Castel de Oro.
Ross_s_Hotel21112.jpg
Ross's Hotel944 viewsRoss's Hotel in Arrochar, Ashfield House, Jenniville, Prospect House, Prospect View and Prospect Bank all belonged to the Ross family. The old Ross's Hotel, which was a small temperance hotel built in the 1870s by Alexander Ross, has now changed its name to the Loch Long Hotel and grown in size to dominate the village landscape. Image circa 1907.
Ross_s_Hotel_Arrochar.jpg
Ross's Hotel869 viewsRoss's Hotel in Arrochar, Ashfield House, Jenniville, Prospect House, Prospect View and Prospect Bank all belonged to the Ross family. The old Ross's Hotel, which was a small temperance hotel built in the 1870s by Alexander Ross, has now changed its name to the Loch Long Hotel and grown in size to dominate the village landscape. Image date unknown.
Royal-Bank-interior-1.jpg
Royal Bank953 viewsThe staff of the Royal Bank of Scotland branch in East Princes Street, Helensburgh, are pictured — the Car and General insurance company calendar shows — on June 18 1939. They are (from left): Ian Somerville, Hamish Buchanan, John Dixon, Gerald Stanton, and Robert Stanton. The image was gifted to the Heritage Trust by Marion Gillies.
133 files on 12 page(s) 9