Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Business

Munro___Pender,_daylight.jpg
Garage in the square454 viewsMunro & Pender's Garage in Colquhoun Square. It was beside the Post Office in the south west quadrant of the square. After it closed the site was acquired by A.Trail & Sons Builders, who erected a development of ground floor shops with flats above. Image circa 1950 by kind permission of the Helensburgh Memories Facebook pages.
Norman_Drummond1435.jpg
Queen at Queen's1167 viewsQueen's Hotel manager Norman Drummond is pictured on the lawn at the front of the hotel with Miss Great Britain, Jennifer Gurley, in July 1968. She was in town for the Helensburgh Lions Club Carnival in East King Street Park.
Peter_Reece_(L)_and_staff.jpg
Chimney sweeps939 viewsHelensburgh slater, plasterer and chimney sweep Peter Reece and employees on top of a roof, possibly in Maitland Street. Image, date unknown, supplied by Sue Taylor.
Planting-Glen-Fruin-w.jpg
Planting season77 viewsPhotograph taken c.1913 probably by keen amateur photographer Robert Thorburn, a Helensburgh grocery store manager. It shows planting on Duirlands Farm, Glen Fruin. Image supplied by David Clark from a collection of glass slides.
Pre-12914-Queens-Hotel.jpg
Queens Hotel96 viewsA pre-1914 image of the Queens Hotel in East Clyde Street, Helensburgh, from the street.
.
Press_Barons0696.jpg
Local Press Barons1123 viewsA rare picture of Craig Jeffrey, founder of the Helensburgh Advertiser, with Walter Bryden, owner of the Helensburgh and Gareloch Times. Between them is Provost J.McLeod Williamson. The photograph was taken at the official opening of the Churchill naval married quarters estate in May 1969.
queenshotel.jpg
The Queen's Hotel1474 viewsThe Queen's Hotel was originally Baths House, built by Henry Bell, who built Europe's first commercial steamship the Comet in 1812. The building has had many alterations but still stands on East Clyde Street, having been converted into flats. Image date unknown.
Queens_Hotel0184.jpg
The Queen's Hotel2145 viewsOriginally the Baths Hotel and home of Helensburgh's first Provost, steamship pioneer Henry Bell, the Queen's Hotel was built by Bell in 1806. It was converted into flats in the mid-1980s. In front of the front door is the Volvo estate car used for many years by the last manager, Norman Drummond. Image date unknown.
Queen_s-Hotel-w.jpg
Queen's Hotel551 viewsThe Queen's Hotel on Helensburgh eastern seafront was originally Baths House, built by Henry Bell, who built Europe's first commercial steamship the Comet in 1812. The building has had many alterations but still stands on East Clyde Street, having been converted into flats. Image date unknown.
Queen_s-Hotel.jpg
Queen's Hotel916 viewsThe Queen's Hotel was originally Baths House, built by Henry Bell, who built Europe's first commercial steamship the Comet in 1812 and was the first Provost of Helensburgh. The building has had many alterations but still stands on East Clyde Street, having been converted into flats. Image date unknown.
Queen_s-Hotel019-w.jpg
Queen's Hotel771 viewsThe Queen's Hotel was originally Baths House, built by Henry Bell, who built Europe's first commercial steamship the Comet in 1812 and was the first Provost of Helensburgh. The building has had many alterations but still stands on East Clyde Street, having been converted into flats. Image date unknown.
Queen_s_Hotel.jpg
The Queen's Hotel973 viewsOriginally the Baths Hotel and home of Helensburgh's first Provost, steamship pioneer Henry Bell, the Queen's Hotel — seen from the east — was built by Bell in 1806. It was converted into flats in the mid-1980s. Image circa 1936.
121 files on 11 page(s) 7