Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Business

Kilcreggan_spade15.jpg
Waterworks Project970 viewsThe cutting of the first sod of the Cove and Kilcreggan Waterworks, an £8,700 scheme aimed at meeting the needs of the ever growing summer population of the peninsula burgh, on November 22 1881. The spade used, which was presented to Provost Clark by the contractors, is on display in Cove Burgh Hall.

Kinnear_Private_Hotel.jpg
Kinnear House549 viewsThis building at the corner of Charlotte Street and Victoria Road in Helensburgh has had several uses over the years. At the time the picture was taken it was Kinnear Private Hotel, but it was also the first St Bride's School and in World War Two was used to billet officers working at the Marine Aircraft Experimental Establishment, RAF Helensburgh. Today it is divided into two private dwellings. Image date unknown.

Kirklands-WCS-w.jpg
Original Kirklands640 viewsA 1929 image of the original W.Kirkland toy shop at the junction of James Street and West Clyde Street. Later the business moved to West Princes Street.
Knockderry-harvest1.jpg
Harvest at Knockderry828 viewsTwo men harvest a steep field at Knockderry, Cove, circa 1912.
La-Scala-staff-1920s.jpg
Cinema staff873 viewsMembers of staff of La Scala Cinema in James Street, Helensburgh, in the 1920s when the importance of going to the cinema was emphasised by the dress of the staff.
Leaflet_launch.jpg
575 viewsLocal councillor Billy Petrie and three ladies enjoy their ice creams as they launch a new tourist leaflet 'In and around Helensburgh and Rosneath District'. Image daye unknown.
Loch-Sloy-pipes-w.jpg
Loch Sloy pipeline696 viewsThe pipeline from Loch Sloy down the hillside to the Loch Sloy Hydro-Electric Station at Inveruglas on the west bank of Loch Lomond. Work on the scheme started in May 1945, using German prisoners of war, and it was opened by HM The Queen on October 18 1950. Twenty one lives were lost during its construction. Photo supplied by Gordon Fraser.
Luss-Hotel-1903-w.jpg
Luss Hotel245 viewsTravellers arrive at Luss Hotel on Loch Lomondside. Image c.1900 by courtesy of the Helensburgh Memories website.
maclarens-garage-w.jpg
MacLaren's Garage811 viewsThis garage stood at the junction of East King Street and Lomond Street until it was destroyed by fire in the 1970s, when it was Phipps Motors. Photo by Robert Thorburn, supplied by his grandson Sandy Thorburn. Image date unknown.
mambeg_hotel.jpg
Mambeg Hotel842 viewsMambeg Hotel was a small country hotel on the Rosneath Peninsula overlooking the Gareloch run by a Mrs Anderson from about 1935-39, but was previously and is now a private house called Craiglyon. Two houses to the north is Mambeg House, which David and Marion Archard operate as a Country Guest House. Image, circa 1938, supplied by Jim Chestnut.
McInnes-Bootmaker-w.jpg
Father and son199 viewsBoot-maker Robert McInnes with his son Robert, who became a shoemaker, outside their boot-maker shop at 10 John Street, Helensburgh, c.1900. Image supplied by Jim McInnes, his great grandson.
McKellar-butcher-w.jpg
Meat delivery717 viewsHelensburgh butcher Peter McKellar, assisted by a young boy, delivers meat to one of the Helensburgh mansions with a rhododendron-ringed drive. Image date unknown.
127 files on 11 page(s) 6