Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Business

Hill_House_Ploughing.jpg
Burgh ploughing88 viewsThis image of ploughing the then field to the east of the Charles Rennie Mackintosh mansion Hill House in Upper Colquhoun Street, Helensburgh, was kindly supplied by Frank Donald. It was taken around 1910 by his grandfather who lived round the corner at the top of Sinclair Street.
Inverarnan_Hotel.jpg
Inverarnan Hotel784 viewsAn unusual view from the south east of the historic Drovers Inn, also known as Inverarnan Hotel, at Ardlui, which was established in 1705. Image circa 1965.
John-McAdam-Callendoune-Farm-w.jpg
Harvest time729 viewsFarmer John McAdam, of Callendoune Farm, Helensburgh, is seen harvesting a field at Cross Key Brae. Image, circa 1950, supplied by his daughter, Cathy Shearer.
John-McAdam-Callendoune-Farm-w~0.jpg
John McAdam693 viewsJohn McAdam of Callendoune Farm, Helensburgh, is pictured with his Clydesdale horse. Image, date unknown, supplied by his daughter Cathy Shearer.
Kilcreggan_spade15.jpg
Waterworks Project956 viewsThe cutting of the first sod of the Cove and Kilcreggan Waterworks, an £8,700 scheme aimed at meeting the needs of the ever growing summer population of the peninsula burgh, on November 22 1881. The spade used, which was presented to Provost Clark by the contractors, is on display in Cove Burgh Hall.

Kinnear_Private_Hotel.jpg
Kinnear House528 viewsThis building at the corner of Charlotte Street and Victoria Road in Helensburgh has had several uses over the years. At the time the picture was taken it was Kinnear Private Hotel, but it was also the first St Bride's School and in World War Two was used to billet officers working at the Marine Aircraft Experimental Establishment, RAF Helensburgh. Today it is divided into two private dwellings. Image date unknown.

Kirklands-WCS-w.jpg
Original Kirklands626 viewsA 1929 image of the original W.Kirkland toy shop at the junction of James Street and West Clyde Street. Later the business moved to West Princes Street.
Knockderry-harvest1.jpg
Harvest at Knockderry817 viewsTwo men harvest a steep field at Knockderry, Cove, circa 1912.
La-Scala-staff-1920s.jpg
Cinema staff850 viewsMembers of staff of La Scala Cinema in James Street, Helensburgh, in the 1920s when the importance of going to the cinema was emphasised by the dress of the staff.
Leaflet_launch.jpg
546 viewsLocal councillor Billy Petrie and three ladies enjoy their ice creams as they launch a new tourist leaflet 'In and around Helensburgh and Rosneath District'. Image daye unknown.
Loch-Sloy-pipes-w.jpg
Loch Sloy pipeline666 viewsThe pipeline from Loch Sloy down the hillside to the Loch Sloy Hydro-Electric Station at Inveruglas on the west bank of Loch Lomond. Work on the scheme started in May 1945, using German prisoners of war, and it was opened by HM The Queen on October 18 1950. Twenty one lives were lost during its construction. Photo supplied by Gordon Fraser.
Luss-Hotel-1903-w.jpg
Luss Hotel165 viewsTravellers arrive at Luss Hotel on Loch Lomondside. Image c.1900 by courtesy of the Helensburgh Memories website.
114 files on 10 page(s) 5