Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Business

Finnart-1.jpg
BP Finnart871 viewsA tanker unloads oil at the BP Ocean Terminal at Finnart, Loch Long. Image circa 1954, from the collection of Stella Trainor, Ontario, Canada.
Finnart_Christmas_1955.jpg
Christmas at BP Finnart882 viewsA children's Christmas party at the BP Ocean Terminal at Finnart, Loch Long, circa 1954. Image supplied by Alastair McIntyre.
Fishing_boats.jpg
Fishing boats622 viewsFishing boats tied up at Helensburgh pier. Image circa 1942.
Fruin-sheep-w~2.jpg
Glen Fruin flock94 viewsBlackface sheep in Glen Fruin in years gone by. Image date unknown.
Garelochhead_Hotel.jpg
Garelochhead Hotel919 viewsGarelochhead Hotel which was demolished following a serious fire in the 1990s. Image circa 1940.
Gasometer-w.jpg
Burgh gasometer151 viewsThe gasometer, built in 1928, stood between East Clyde Street and East Princes Street opposite Helensburgh Central Station. It was decommissioned in 2012 and demolished in the summer of 2014, to be replaced by a car park. Photo by Kenneth Crawford.
Ginger_beer6.jpg
Helensburgh Ginger Beer1049 viewsOld bottles used by Comrie & Co. who prepared High Class Waters and Old Scotch Brewed Ginger Beer at their Fairy Springs factory in James Street. Later it belonged to Garvie, who closed it in 1957.
Glen-Fruin-horses-1910-w.jpg
Heavy horses635 viewsHeavy horses pictured in Glen Fruin on a sunny evening in 1910. Image supplied by Alistair McIntyre.
Glen_Luss_bridge-52.jpg
The Ram's Head Bridge1694 viewsThis photo by Donald Fullarton shows the Ram's Head Bridge in Glen Luss, built in 1777 by William Johns, seen in winter with little vegetation. It was also known as the Tupp Bridge. Glen Luss was one of the first of the Highland glens to be cleared after the defeat of the Jacobites in 1745, with the people forced off the land and replaced by the Linton breed of black-faced sheep.
Great-Grandpa-James-Colquhoun-w.jpg
James Colquhoun726 viewsA cdv image of James Colquhoun (1841-1910) who farmed at Auchensail Farm, Cardross. It is thought that it may have been taken by a Glasgow photographer in the late 1860s. Image supplied by his great grand-daughter, Cathy Shearer.
Harvesting-w.jpg
Harvesting818 viewsHarvesting a crop on the hillside above Helensburgh, with the Rosneath Peninsula in the distance. Image date unknown.
HA_radio_interview1342.jpg
Telling the story836 viewsHelensburgh Advertiser proprietor Craig M.Jeffrey is interviewed for radio by the Rev Murdoch McPherson in the East King Street editorial department, watched by staff members Gordon Terris, Bill Heaney, Angela Sandeman and Jimmy Allan. Possibly in the early 1970s.
114 files on 10 page(s) 4