Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Business

Susan-Maxwell-w.jpg
Publicity stint28 viewsThe headline was "Some people will do anything for a good read of the Helensburgh Advertiser". Staff member Susan Cowan (now Mrs Maxwell) posed with the paper during a seafront gale on December 5 1972. Photo by Donald Fullarton.
tarbethotel.jpg
Tarbet Hotel1043 viewsErected about 1810, the Tarbet Hotel was built in true Scottish baronial style with fine features both inside and out, and has been a mecca for visitors ever since. Loch Lomond and the road to Crianlarich is to the right, the road to Arrochar to the left.
Tarbet_Hotel-2.jpg
Tarbet Hotel890 viewsErected about 1810, the Tarbet Hotel on Loch Lomondside was built in true Scottish baronial style with fine features both inside and out, and has been a mecca for visitors ever since. Image date unknown.
Tarbet_Hotel.jpg
Tarbet Hotel954 viewsErected about 1810, the Tarbet Hotel was built in true Scottish baronial style with fine features both inside and out, and has been a mecca for visitors ever since.
Tarbet_Hotel_c1922.jpg
Tarbet Hotel, circa 19221258 viewsErected about 1810, the Tarbet Hotel was built in true Scottish baronial style with fine features both inside and out, and has been a mecca for visitors ever since.
Telephone-exchange-2-w.jpg
Telephone exchange staff717 viewsStaff at the Helensburgh telephone exchange pictured on the last day the exchange operated, October 3 1978. Among those pictured are Peggy McKenzie, Celia Friel, Brenda Copeland, Trixie Dodds and Lexie Caldwell. This image is copyright Helensburgh photographer Brian Averell, who kindly gave permission for it to be published on this website.
Telephone_exchange-1-w.jpg
Telephone Exchange staff727 viewsStaff at the Helensburgh telephone exchange pictured on the last day the exchange operated, October 3 1978. Among those pictured are Peggy McKenzie, Celia Friel, Brenda Copeland, Trixie Dodds and Lexie Caldwell. This image is copyright Helensburgh photographer Brian Averell, who kindly gave permission for it to be published on this website.
Tom-Guthrie-seaplane-w.jpg
Tom Guthrie's seaplane797 viewsRhu man Tom Guthrie, son of Glasgow Boy artist Sir James Guthrie, set up a company called Clyde Flying Boats Ltd. in 1933, offering pleasure flights at ten shillings and to see Loch Lomond for £1. The aircraft, seen at Helensburgh pier, was a SARO Cutty Sark, and was kept overnight at Inchmurrin Island on Loch Lomond.
Tower_Cinema~0.jpg
Tower Cinema978 viewsThe Tower Cinema was built in the south-east corner of Colquhoun Square, Helensburgh, and battled for patrons with La Scala in James Street. Forced to close because of storm damage in January 1968, it was demolished in 1973.
Uries-West-Clyde-Street-w.jpg
Oldest surviving shop126 viewsThis image of West Clyde Street, Helensburgh, shows the town's longest surviving retail business, R & A Urie Ltd., China and Crystalware Specialist, at no.45, established in the town in 1854. Image c.1950.
Water_group_Stirling.jpg
Water trip129 viewsHelensburgh town councillors and officials at the Sinclair Street water pump house. Image donated to the Heritage Trust by John Stirling whose father is in centre of the back row. His father was the burgh surveyor and water engineer, taking up the post in 1912 and continuing until 1946. Image date unknown.
Watts_Garage.jpg
Watts Garage446 viewsThe 86 Sinclair Street yard of Watts Motor House and Repair Shop, which also had premises at 53 Sinclair Street near the Princes Street junction. This yard is adjacent to the Malig Mill which stood behind the Victoria Hall, and it was taken over by the final Mill owners, R.S.MacFarlane & Son. Image circa 1905.
133 files on 12 page(s) 11