Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Business

Tarbet_Hotel_c1922.jpg
Tarbet Hotel, circa 19221227 viewsErected about 1810, the Tarbet Hotel was built in true Scottish baronial style with fine features both inside and out, and has been a mecca for visitors ever since.
Telephone-exchange-2-w.jpg
Telephone exchange staff677 viewsStaff at the Helensburgh telephone exchange pictured on the last day the exchange operated, October 3 1978. Among those pictured are Peggy McKenzie, Celia Friel, Brenda Copeland, Trixie Dodds and Lexie Caldwell. This image is copyright Helensburgh photographer Brian Averell, who kindly gave permission for it to be published on this website.
Telephone_exchange-1-w.jpg
Telephone Exchange staff670 viewsStaff at the Helensburgh telephone exchange pictured on the last day the exchange operated, October 3 1978. Among those pictured are Peggy McKenzie, Celia Friel, Brenda Copeland, Trixie Dodds and Lexie Caldwell. This image is copyright Helensburgh photographer Brian Averell, who kindly gave permission for it to be published on this website.
Tom-Guthrie-seaplane-w.jpg
Tom Guthrie's seaplane747 viewsRhu man Tom Guthrie, son of Glasgow Boy artist Sir James Guthrie, set up a company called Clyde Flying Boats Ltd. in 1933, offering pleasure flights at ten shillings and to see Loch Lomond for £1. The aircraft, seen at Helensburgh pier, was a SARO Cutty Sark, and was kept overnight at Inchmurrin Island on Loch Lomond.
Tower_Cinema~0.jpg
Tower Cinema948 viewsThe Tower Cinema was built in the south-east corner of Colquhoun Square, Helensburgh, and battled for patrons with La Scala in James Street. Forced to close because of storm damage in January 1968, it was demolished in 1973.
Watts_Garage.jpg
Watts Garage236 viewsThe 86 Sinclair Street yard of Watts Motor House and Repair Shop, which also had premises at 53 Sinclair Street near the Princes Street junction. This yard is adjacent to the Malig Mill which stood behind the Victoria Hall, and it was taken over by the final Mill owners, R.S.MacFarlane & Son. Image circa 1905.
   
114 files on 10 page(s) 10