Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — District

Gareloch_ships.jpg
Laid-up ships691 viewsMerchant shipping laid-up in the Gareloch, seen from Rosneath. Image circa 1950.
Gareloch_sunset.jpg
Gareloch sunset1071 viewsAn atmospheric image of a yacht moored in the Gareloch near Rhu at sunset, circa 1951.
Geilston-Hall.jpg
Geilston Hall145 viewsGeilston Hall in Cardross. It was built in 1889-90 by Honeyman and Keppie as a drill hall for the local rifle volunteers. The pale sandstone hall is set back from the road and is in a Collegiate Tudor style. There is a two-storey administration block at the west end incorporating a square tower with a crenellated parapet. The former instructor's accommodation is on the upper level. Today the popular meeting place is operated in trust by the elected Geilston Hall Management Committee, and is a Registered Scottish Charity (SC040631). Photo by Stewart Noble.
Glen-Fruin-cattle.jpg
Glen Fruin cattle685 viewsCows meander through Glen Fruin. Image published by Stewart Stationer, Helensburgh, circa 1918.
Glen-Fruin-from-Haul-Road-w.jpg
Glen Fruin717 viewsA view of Glen Fruin from a layby on the Haul Road across to Coulport. Image, dates unknown, supplied by Gordon Fraser.
Glenmallon.jpg
Glenmallon805 viewsThe hamlet of Glenmallon on the Loch Longside road north of Finnart. Image, date unknown, from the collection of Stella Trainor, Ontario, Canada.
Glenmallon_Tollhouse.jpg
Lochside cottage787 viewsStrone Cottage on Loch Longside, between Finnart and Arrochar, circa 1920. Image from the collection of Stella Trainor, Ontario, Canada.
Glen_Fruin2621.jpg
Glen Fruin823 viewsA trap goes down the hill towards Drumfad Farm in Glen Fruin. The picture was published by M. & J.Brown, Photographers and Miniature Painters, of West Bay Studio, Helensburgh, circa 1920.
Glen_Fruin_cattle.jpg
Glen Fruin754 viewsCattle in Glen Fruin, looking west from near the Black Bridge. Image pre-1945, but date unknown.
Glen_Fruin_cottages004.jpg
Glen Fruin cottages722 viewsTwo young girls are pictured in front of cottages in Glen Fruin in this old image published by Stewart, Stationer, Helensburgh.
Glen_Fruin_river.jpg
River Fruin685 viewsThe River Fruin running through the glen near the Black Bridge. Image date unknown.
Glen_Loin_Youth_Hostel.jpg
Glen Loin Youth Hostel728 viewsThe Glen Loin Youth Hostel, near the Succoth Burn at Arrochar, was provided for the Scottish Youth Hostels Association by a grant from the Carnegie U.K. Trustees and was opened on March 19 1932 by Sir John Clerk Maxwell. It was very popular with climbers, as it was at the foot of the 'Arrochar Alps', and was in operation from 1932 to 1950. Image circa 1939.
251 files on 21 page(s) 9