Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places Burgh

Craigendoran_Avenue~0.jpg
Craigendoran874 viewsCraigendoran Avenue, Helensburgh, with its row of townhouses leading down to the Clyde. Image date unknown.
Craigendoran_from_pier129.jpg
Craigendoran1139 viewsA 1927 view of Craigendoran seafront properties taken from the pier. Second from left is the Lomond Hotel.
Craigendoran_Middleton_Drive.jpg
Craigendoran840 viewsMiddleton Drive, Craigendoran, beside the Clyde and west of Craigendoran Pier. Image date unknown.
Drumfork-Ferry-House.jpg
Drumfork Ferry House912 viewsA very old image of the long demolished Drumfork Ferry House, which was to the east of what is now Craigendoran Station. Sheep and cattle were brought to it over the Old Luss Road, then ferried to Greenock.
DSCI0006.jpg
Malig Mill inscription with dates2470 viewsThese have been placed on one wall. According to one written source the original mill was rebuilt. The dates may or may not support this.
DSCI0007.jpg
Grindwheel3530 viewsThis has been placed below the dated roundels of Malig Mill. These remains are in Hermitage Park and to the rear of the Victoria Halls.
Eagle_Hotel.jpg
Seafront and Eagle Hotel1087 viewsAn early 1900s image of Helensburgh's West Esplanade, looking west from John Street and showing the Eagle Temperance Hotel.
earlybaths.jpg
The Swimming Pool2587 viewsHelensburgh's outdoor pool. Undated, possible the 1960s.
East-Bay-quiet-w.jpg
Quiet East Bay314 viewsA 1929 image of Helensburgh's East Bay on a quiet, grey day.
East-Bay-w.jpg
East Bay757 viewsAn unusual view of the East Bay looking towards Helensburgh town centre. Image supplied by Gordon Fraser.
East-Bay-_-Queens-Hotel-.jpg
East Bay and Queen's Hotel954 viewsA 1903 image of Helensburgh's East Bay, with the Queen's Hotel on the right. It was originally Baths House, built by Henry Bell, who built Europe's first commercial steamship the Comet in 1812. The building has had many alterations but still stands on East Clyde Street, having been converted into flats.
East-Bay026.jpg
East Bay1122 viewsThe East Bay and esplanade before the sea wall was built, with Queen's Hotel in the distance dominating other buildings. Image circa 1924.
325 files on 28 page(s) 8