Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — Burgh

Colquhoun_Street.jpg
Colquhoun Street867 viewsLooking north up Colquhoun Street from above Argyle Street when the cherry blossom trees were in bloom. This 20th century image was published by Macneur and Bryden Ltd. of East Princes Street, publishers of the Helensburgh and Gareloch Times. Image date unknown.
Colquouh-Squ-from-south-w.jpg
Colquhoun Square681 viewsA 1926 image of Helensburgh's Colquhoun Square, looking north east from the south west quadrant where the water fountain was situated for some years.
Conservative_club-1.jpg
Conservative Club1044 viewsThe upstairs premises at 40 Sinclair Street, Helensburgh, housed the Conservative and Unionist Club Rooms. The attractive building was designed in 1894 by Honeyman and Keppie, and it is thought Charles Rennie Mackintosh, then a young architect employed by the firm, contributed to the design which has many Glasgow-style features. A statue of St Andrew, the crest of the club, occupies a niche in a central position on the facade. Now the building is owned by the clothing firm Mackays. Image by Stewart Noble.
Conservative_club-2.jpg
Conservative Club1003 viewsThe upstairs premises at 40 Sinclair Street, Helensburgh, housed the Conservative and Unionist Club Rooms. The attractive building was designed in 1894 by Honeyman and Keppie, and it is thought Charles Rennie Mackintosh, then a young architect employed by the firm, contributed to the design which has many Glasgow-style features. A statue of St Andrew, the crest of the club, occupies a niche in a central position on the facade. Now the building is owned by the clothing firm Mackays. Image by Stewart Noble.
Conservative_club-3.jpg
Conservative Club953 viewsThe upstairs premises at 40 Sinclair Street, Helensburgh, housed the Conservative and Unionist Club Rooms. The attractive building was designed in 1894 by Honeyman and Keppie, and it is thought Charles Rennie Mackintosh, then a young architect employed by the firm, contributed to the design which has many Glasgow-style features. A statue of St Andrew, the crest of the club, occupies a niche in a central position on the facade. Now the building is owned by the clothing firm Mackays. Image by Stewart Noble.
Craigendoran-Avenue-w.jpg
Craigendoran Avenue726 viewsA view of houses in Craigendoran Avenue with the railway line on the right. Image supplied by Gordon Fraser.
Craigendoran3252.jpg
Craigendoran from the pier1134 viewsAn unusual view of the homes and the Reynolds Station Hotel on Craigendoran seafront, taken from the pier. Circa 1906.
Craigendoran_Avenue~0.jpg
Craigendoran756 viewsCraigendoran Avenue, Helensburgh, with its row of townhouses leading down to the Clyde. Image date unknown.
Craigendoran_from_pier129.jpg
Craigendoran852 viewsA 1927 view of Craigendoran seafront properties taken from the pier. Second from left is the Lomond Hotel.
Craigendoran_Middleton_Drive.jpg
Craigendoran748 viewsMiddleton Drive, Craigendoran, beside the Clyde and west of Craigendoran Pier. Image date unknown.
Drumfork-Ferry-House.jpg
Drumfork Ferry House824 viewsA very old image of the long demolished Drumfork Ferry House, which was to the east of what is now Craigendoran Station. Sheep and cattle were brought to it over the Old Luss Road, then ferried to Greenock.
DSCI0006.jpg
Malig Mill inscription with dates2099 viewsThese have been placed on one wall. According to one written source the original mill was rebuilt. The dates may or may not support this.
309 files on 26 page(s) 7