Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — Burgh

Colquhoun_Square001.jpg
Colquhoun Square812 viewsAn uncluttered Colquhoun Square is pictured in 1954.
Colquhoun_Square018.jpg
Colquhoun Square749 viewsThe north west quadrant of Helensburgh's Colquhoun Square before the centenary monument was erected in the middle of the square. Image circa 1901.
Colquhoun_Square022.jpg
Colquhoun Square783 viewsThe square is pictured in the days when the centenary monument was in the centre, the quadrants had metal fences, and what is now St Andrew's Kirk did not have a porch. Image circa 1905.
Colquhoun_Square091.jpg
Colquhoun Square836 viewsA green Garelochhead Coach Services bus is at the bus stop on a sunny morning in Helensburgh's Colquhoun Square. Image circa 1970.
Colquhoun_Square1201.jpg
Colquhoun Square Centenary Cross1055 viewsMembers of the public and two police officers in Colquhoun Square before the Centenary Monument was moved from the centre of the square to the north west quadrant. Date unknown.
Colquhoun_Square260-11.jpg
Colquhoun Square1032 viewsThe south west quadrant of Colquhoun Square, showing one of the two granite water fountains. Circa 1907.
Colquhoun_Square3401.jpg
Colquhoun Square1037 viewsA view across Colquhoun Square from the south east quadrant, with a young girl on the left, two men sitting on the roof of the building behind the Post Office, and a worker up a ladder cleaning a window of the Post Office building. Image date unknown.
Colquhoun_Square_1959.jpg
Colquhoun Square west724 viewsA 1959 image of Colquhoun Square, which does not appear to have any lamp posts.
Colquhoun_Street.jpg
Colquhoun Street845 viewsLooking north up Colquhoun Street from above Argyle Street when the cherry blossom trees were in bloom. This 20th century image was published by Macneur and Bryden Ltd. of East Princes Street, publishers of the Helensburgh and Gareloch Times. Image date unknown.
Colquouh-Squ-from-south-w.jpg
Colquhoun Square662 viewsA 1926 image of Helensburgh's Colquhoun Square, looking north east from the south west quadrant where the water fountain was situated for some years.
Conservative_club-1.jpg
Conservative Club1021 viewsThe upstairs premises at 40 Sinclair Street, Helensburgh, housed the Conservative and Unionist Club Rooms. The attractive building was designed in 1894 by Honeyman and Keppie, and it is thought Charles Rennie Mackintosh, then a young architect employed by the firm, contributed to the design which has many Glasgow-style features. A statue of St Andrew, the crest of the club, occupies a niche in a central position on the facade. Now the building is owned by the clothing firm Mackays. Image by Stewart Noble.
Conservative_club-2.jpg
Conservative Club985 viewsThe upstairs premises at 40 Sinclair Street, Helensburgh, housed the Conservative and Unionist Club Rooms. The attractive building was designed in 1894 by Honeyman and Keppie, and it is thought Charles Rennie Mackintosh, then a young architect employed by the firm, contributed to the design which has many Glasgow-style features. A statue of St Andrew, the crest of the club, occupies a niche in a central position on the facade. Now the building is owned by the clothing firm Mackays. Image by Stewart Noble.
300 files on 25 page(s) 6