Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — Burgh

Burgh_paddling_pool.jpg
Paddling pool861 viewsThe Helensburgh seafront paddling pool at the foot of John Street, which was later demolished. Image date unknown.
Burgh_sands1782.jpg
Popular Beach1114 viewsA 1920 picture, published by M.C.Robertson, of West End Library, Helensburgh, showing lots of people paddling in the Clyde beside Helensburgh pier.
Busy_seafront1731.jpg
Busy Seafront1275 viewsA packed west esplanade on a sunny day in the summer of 1967.
Busy_west_esplanade.jpg
West Esplanade833 viewsHelensburgh's west esplanade and putting green packed with people on what looks like not too warm a day. Image date unknown.
Camis_Eskan_garden-13.jpg
Camis Eskan Market Garden1365 viewsThe market garden area at Camis Eskan House during World War Two. Photo by kind permission of Sheila Penny.
Camis_Eskan_garden-2.jpg
Camis Eskan Market Garden1340 viewsPart of the gardens at Camis Eskan during World War Two. Photo by kind permission of Sheila Penny.
Camis_Eskan_garden-3.jpg
Camis Eskan Greenhouse1311 viewsThe greenhouse in the gardens of Camis Eskan during the Second World War. Photo by kind permission of Sheila Penny.
Camis_Eskan_greenhouse.jpg
Camis Eskan greenhouse825 viewsThe large greenhouse at Camis Eskan, on the east side of Helensburgh. The man is possibly Jimmy Orr and the picture may have been taken by his son-in-law George Truman, who was chauffeur to the Dennistouns who owned the mansion when he married Agnes (Cissie) Orr in 1924. Image, circa 1930, supplied by Alistair Quinlan — Agnes was his great aunt.
Cenotaph.jpg
Helensburgh Cenotaph1380 viewsAn old photograph of the Cenotaph in Hermitage Park. Today the lettering of the names of the fallen is weather-beaten, and for safety reasons the pool is kept empty.
Centenary_Cross270.jpg
Centenary Cross875 viewsThe pink granite Centenary Cross, donated in 1902 by Sir James Colquhoun of Luss to mark the centenary of the granting of the Burgh Charter, in its original position in the centre of Colquhoun Square. It was moved to the north west quadrant as it had become a traffic hazard. Image date unknown.
Centenary_monument108.jpg
Centenary Monument815 viewsLooking west from Colquhoun Square along West Princes Street before the Centenary Monument was moved from the centre of the square to the north west quadrant. Provost Sam Bryden, who owned Macneur & Bryden's newsagent and gift shop in East Princes Street, Helensburgh, was the man responsible for the erection of the monument. Image circa 1908.
Centenary_monument1662.jpg
Centenary Cross1056 viewsThe pink granite centenary cross in the centre of Colquhoun Square in 1905. It was donated in 1903 by Sir James Colquhoun, the 30th of Luss and 5th Baronet, to mark the centenary of the granting of the Burgh Charter in 1902. Later it was moved to the north west quadrant of the square for road safety reasons.
300 files on 25 page(s) 4