Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — Burgh

Bandstand.jpg
Seafront bandstand1064 viewsA Boys Brigade band give a concert in the Helensburgh seafront bandstand, opposite West Clyde Street and the Eagle (now Imperial) Hotel. Circa 1912.
Bandstand041.jpg
Bandstand and Granary1186 viewsA view east from Helensburgh pier towards the old bandstand, the granary, and the Old Parish Church, circa 1908. The granary was a malt barn from the 1700s, and about 1900 part of it was converted into a garage. It became a restaurant in 1934 and was demolished in 1980. The church was built in 1847 and demolished in the 1980s.
Bandstand2841.jpg
West Esplanade and Bandstand1131 viewsA view from the pier looking east at the West Esplanade, where a large crowd is listening to music being played in the bandstand. Image date unknown.
Bandstand_1910.jpg
Seafront bandstand848 viewsA 1910 image of the bandstand on Helensburgh's West Esplanade, with the Granary building and the Old Parish Church beyond.
Bellevue_Bank.jpg
Bellevue Bank1074 viewsLooking east along Helensburgh's East Bay at Bellevue Bank towards the Queen's Hotel. Image circa 1910.
Boat-beside-pier069-w.jpg
Rowing boat at pier872 viewsOne of the many rowing boats which used to be kept at Helensburgh comes ashore on the seaweed-covered beach just beside the pier. Image circa 1910.
boatview.jpg
Seafront viewed from a boat1219 viewsThe clock tower is almost centre of the image. Undated.
Burgh-from-Rosneath.jpg
Burgh from Rosneath1006 viewsAn old view of Helensburgh from Rosneath, published by E.Eakin, Rosneath Post Office. Image date unknown.
Burgh-pier-w.jpg
Pier from above49 viewsAn aerial view of the Helensburgh pier area, pre-2010 when the Mariners pub opposite the old Parish Church tower was burnt down.
Burgh-seafront-w.jpg
Burgh seafront662 viewsAn old view from the sea of Helensburgh seafront. The house on the extreme right is Seabank, built by businessman and benefactor Robert Thomson around 1800. It was later bought by the Kidston family, and became the home of Andrew Bonar Law — later to be Prime Minister — after his marriage in Helensburgh West Free Church on March 24 1891. It was demolished in the 1950s. Image date unknown.
Burgh_aerial_view.jpg
Aerial view937 viewsAn aerial view of west Helensburgh with the Rosneath Peninsula and Firth of Clyde beyond. In the foreground are the Charles Rennie Mackintosh mansion Hill House and across the road the William Leiper mansion Drumadoon, now renamed Morar House. This photo by Ronnie Weir was published by the Loch Lomond, Stirling and Trossachs Tourist Board. Image date unknown.
Burgh_beach_play.jpg
On the beach809 viewsA 1925 image of families relaxing, playing and building sandcastles on Helensburgh beach just to the west of the pier.
300 files on 25 page(s) 3