Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — Burgh

Seafront_ponies2915.jpg
Seafront pony rides1214 viewsRides on ponies and donkeys on Helensburgh seafront used to be very popular in summer. The image date is unknown, but the shops behind are a tobacconist, T.G.Allan Ltd., Leathar & Co., and D.H.Davidson Ltd.
Seafront_relaxation.jpg
Relaxing679 viewsThe sun is shining on Helensburgh's west esplanade in this picture from the past. A now demolished shelter is on the left, and on the other side of West Clyde Street is John Street. Eman's Shop, the home of Helensburgh toffee, can be seen. Image date unknown.
Seafront_shows.jpg
Seafront shows859 viewsShows on Helensburgh seafront between the bandstand and the Granary on a summer day as youngsters paddle in the Clyde. Image circa 1906.
Seafront_storm_1907010.jpg
Seafront storm733 viewsLooking east towards the pier on a stormy day, circa 1907.
seafront~0.jpg
Helensburgh Seafront1287 viewsChildren playing on the seafront. Taken from the pier c.1890.
Sinclair-St-lower-w.jpg
Lower Sinclair Street675 viewsA view of Sinclair Street from Clyde Street, with old cars parked outside the shops. Image circa 1920.
Sinclair-Street.jpg
Sinclair Street859 viewsLooking south down Sinclair Street from Helensburgh Upper Station, circa 1907.
Sinclair-Street137.jpg
Sinclair Street looking south881 viewsLooking down Sinclair Street with the Victoria Hall on the left and St Columba Church further down on the right. Image circa 1905.
Sinclair-Street4571~1.jpg
Sinclair Street looking south1040 viewsA November 1926 photograph looking down Sinclair Street from Stafford Street and across at the Victoria Hall. The long low building is a garage which was originally part of the Millig Mill business, but the Mill was demolished in 1922. Originally Watts Yard Motor House and Repair Shop, it was taken over by final Mill owners R.S.MacFarlane & Son.
Sinclair_Street.jpg
Sinclair Street905 viewsSinclair Street and the Municipal Buildings at the Princes Street junction. Image circa 1903.
Sinclair_Street_1901.jpg
Sinclair Street864 viewsThis picture of the foot of Sinclair Street in 1901 was republished as a postcard by Dumbarton District Libraries. On the right is the entrance to Waldie's Garage and Stabling, and beyond W.G.Christie's grocers shop.
Sinclair_Street_19084.jpg
Sinclair Street looking north1243 viewsLooking up Sinclair Street from below Princes Street, circa 1908.
311 files on 26 page(s) 22