Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — Burgh

Image1-167.jpg
View from pier957 viewsA view of West Clyde Street from Helensburgh pier. Image date unknown.
Image1-169.jpg
View from pier1012 viewsA view of West Clyde Street from Helensburgh pier. Image date unknown.
Image1-171.jpg
Hermitage Park1057 viewsTree seat in Hermitage Park, circa 1928.
Image1-55.png
Colquhoun Square pre-19331113 viewsThis picture shows the road in to the right which existed, like the other quadrants, until that one quadrant was pedestrianised. The road in to the left led to Pender's Garage, as well as the Post Office.
Image1-60.jpg
Kidston Park1018 viewsThis photo shows a gentle slope down to the water before the days of the sea wall.
Image1-62.jpg
The Putting Green1042 viewsThe putting green on Helensburgh Esplanade. Postally used 1957
Image1-63.jpg
West Clyde Street1030 viewsTaken at the junction of James Street. Date unknown.
Image1-64.jpg
Hermitage Park1016 viewsThe sun dial and rose garden in Hermitage Park. Date unknown.
Infectious_Diseases_Hosp259.jpg
Helensburgh Hospitals788 viewsThe Victoria Infirmary (left), built in 1895 by distinguished architect William Leiper, and the Infectious Diseases Hospital (right), which opened in 1875 and was demolished in 1959, can be seen in this 1904 image, taken from where Craighelen Tennis and Squash Club now stands.
John_St_Shelter_1912.jpg
Seafront shelter844 viewsThe John Street shelter on the West Esplanade, circa 1912. It was one of several seafront shelters which fell into disrepair and were demolished towards the end of the century.
Kidston-band-stand.jpg
Kidston Band Stand747 viewsA family relax outside the now demolished band stand at Kidston Park, with the Training Ship Empress in the distance. The bandstand was used by the boys bands from the Empress and its predecessor Cumberland. Image, date unknown, supplied by Jim Chestnut.
Kidston-bandstand067.jpg
Kidston Park Bandstand940 viewsAn illustration from the front of a Christmas card looking east towards the now demolished bandstand in Kidston Park, circa 1902. Bought from the Duke of Argyll in 1877 for £650 by William Kidston with help from Sir James Colquhoun and others, Kidston Park was formerly named Cairndhu Point — known locally as Neddy's Point after a well known fisherman and ferryman who lived nearby — but was renamed Kidston Park from 1889 when Mr Kidston left money to support its maintenance.
309 files on 26 page(s) 15