Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album

Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Most viewed
25th anniversary61 viewsThe top table at the 25th anniversary dinner of Helensburgh's Millig SWRI, held in the Commodore Hotel on November 13 2001. Entertainment was provided by the Helensburgh and Lomond Fiddlers. Back row: Ruth Murdoch, Helen Rodger, Margaret Gilbert, Ann Steer; front: Myra Taylor, president Betty Tulloch, Nanny Tomison.
Old St Modan's58 viewsThe ancient Rosneath St Modan's church was taken down in 1780, with the exception of the belfry which was preserved. It was on the site of the present pre-19th century parish church which is about 100 yards east of the old cemetery, which contains the ivy-covered ruins of the 18th century place of worship which itself succeeded a pre-Reformation structure. Image date unknown.
Scout Hall57 viewsThe 1st Craigendoran Scouts hall on East Clyde Street beside the former Clyde Street School, opened in 1981 and later demolished. The new wing of what is now Helensburgh and Lomond Civic Centre was built on the site. Image by the late Kenneth Crawford, date unknown.
Clyde at war-257 viewsShips of a wartime convoy anchored in lines from Portkil to Ardmore. 1942 image donated by Michael Wilson.
Comet Centenary55 viewsThe first page of a supplement to the Illustrated London News of September 7 1912 recording the centenary of the launch of Henry Bell's Comet. This page shows images of from the celebrations in Helensburgh and Glasgow.
General Booth53 viewsThe founder of the Salvation Army, General William Booth, leaves from Helensburgh pier the day after speaking at the Victoria Hall on October 26 1910, and is seen with Provost David S.Maclachlan. Booth, born in 1826, was the son of a Nottingham builder and converted to Christianity aged 15. He became a revivalist preacher, and in 1865 he and his wife Catherine set up a Christian Mission in London's east end to help the poor. It was reorganised along military lines in 1878, and the Salvation Army was born. He died in 1912.Image supplied by Malcolm LeMay.
K2249 viewsThe submarine K22 was originally the K13 which sank in the Gareloch on January 19 1917 during sea trials when an intake failed to close whilst diving and her engine room flooded. She was eventually salvaged and recommissioned as K22 in March 1917. Image date unknown.
Clyde at war-143 viewsLooking from Fort Matila towards, Greenock pier. Two Sunderland flying boats can be seen in the right foregound. 1941 image supplied by Michael Wison.
2120 files on 177 page(s) 177