Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Most viewed
1984-Greenock-Festival-w.jpg
Festival winners199 viewsThe winning Helensburgh mixed team in the Scottish country dancing competition at the 1984 Inverclyde Music Festival in Greenock Town Hall. Back: Ian Hume, Jack Gregor, George Rennie; front: Anne Thorn, Dinah Buchanan. Image supplied by Anne Thorn.
Firkin_Toll_1932.jpg
Toll Cottage198 viewsThe toll cottage at Firkin Toll on Loch Lomondside, between Inverbeg and Tarbet and now the site of a large picnic area. Image c.1932.
Rosneath-Post-Office-w.jpg
Village Post Office198 viewsA 1905 image of the Post Office in Rosneath village.
1944_Hermitage_4th_Year_Boys.jpg
1944 Hermitage 4th Year boys196 viewsBack row from left, Wood, Macfarlane, McAllister, Hume, McKillop, Howie, Rowatt; second row, Tran, Howard Macdonald, Grant, Rankine, Orr, Davis, Gilchrist, Hardy; front row, Thompson, Sutton, Macaulay, Mactaggart, Robb, Dawson, Isbister, Muir. Corrected and first names would be welcomed. Image supplied by Liz Sutherland.

Cardross_Free_Church.jpg
Cardross Free Church195 viewsThe original Free Church of Scotland in Cardross. Today there is a house called 'Kirklands' at the south side of Main Road just to the west of its junction with Bainfield Road, and the church was on the site of what is now the garage of that house. The present church building on Station Road was built in 1872 and served as the Free Church of Scotland until 1929 when the Church of Scotland and the Free Church were united. As there were now two C of S congregations the former Free Church was given the name 'Burns Church'. This was the case until after World War Two when the two congregations were united to form Cardross Parish Church in the present building.
Bannachra-Castle.jpg
Bannachra Castle194 viewsThe ruins of Bannachra Castle on the Luss road from Helensburgh, between Cross Keys and Arden. The Castle was in roughly the shape of a parallelogram, 46 feet long and 24 feet wide, and was three storeys high with a barrel vaulted basement, a main or hall floor and an attic floor. It is currently owned by the Lumsden family, which has owned the lands on which the castle is since the 19th century. Reputed to be on the site of a former construction, it was probably built in the 16th century. Image c1910.
Tamnavoulin-SN-3-w.jpg
Tamnavoulin193 viewsThe historic Glen Fruin cottage Tamnavoulin, pictured by Stewart Noble in 2015, the year it was bought for redevelopment. The name of the small cottage derives from the Gaelic for ‘hill of the mill’. The vicinity of the cottage is thought to have been the site of a dwelling as far back as the 15th century, while one account gives the date of the present building as early 19th century.
The_Conductor_by_Caroline_Sillars.jpg
193 viewsThe Conductor, by Caroline Sillars. Copyright the Anderson (Local Collection) Trust.
2000-televisor-w.jpg
192 viewsHeritage Trust chairman Stewart Noble with John Logie Baird's daughter Diana Richardson at the opening of the 'Unknown John Logie Baird Exhibition' in 2000.Photo by Kenneth Crawford.
1970s_Hel_ScCDance.jpg
Tuesday dancing191 viewsThe Helensburgh Scottish Country Dance Dance Tuesday Class Ball at the Ardencaple Hotel in January 1973. Rear (from left): Willie Gilvear, Jack Gregor, Bob Laird, Roy Bain, George Rennie, Helen Bain, Jessie Gilvear, Janie Murray, Douglas McIlroy; middle: Margaret Thomson, Joyce Gregor, Norah Dunn, Chrissie Clark, Cath Twigg, Isa McIlroy, Etta Rennie, Enid Shearer, Elizabeth Howden, Margaret Irvine; front: Kay Campbell, Dorothy Ross, Sheila Wilson, Peggy Rose, Mary Ross, Mrs Murray. Image supplied by Anne Thorn.
baird-and-wells.jpg
Baird and Wells191 viewsThe novelist H.G.Wells (1866-1946), one of the earliest writers of science fiction, and John Logie Baird met for the first and only time in October 1931 on board the liner Aquitania, on route to New York. Image first published in Baird's memoirs "Television and Me" by courtesy of the Royal Television Society.
Clyde-at-War-1-w.jpg
Clyde at war-1191 viewsLooking from Fort Matila towards, Greenock pier. Two Sunderland flying boats can be seen in the right foregound. 1941 image supplied by Michael Wilson.
2179 files on 182 page(s) 173