Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album

Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Most viewed
West Princes Street182 viewsAn image c.1920 of of a traffic-free West Princes Street, looking east from Colquhoun Square. Image supplied by Jeff Castel de Oro.
Fruin flowers182 viewsPhotograph of his wife, Christina Graham from Rhu, and children Graham and Mabel picking flowers in Glen Fruin, taken c.1910 by keen amateur photographer Robert Thorburn, a Helensburgh grocery store manager.
St Gildas Church180 viewsThe Rosneath Catholic church, sited on part of the old Clachan House Estate, was designed as a representation of a ship under sail by Glasgow Architects Thomas Gardiner, Cunningham and Partners. The church was finished in March 1968 and named St Gildas in deference to the Church of Scotland whose church in Rosneath is St Modan's.
Rhu School c.1908176 viewsThe teacher and pupils of Rhu Public School. More details would be welcome. Image supplied by Liz Sutherland.
Snowy Glen175 viewsThe Craig's Pool area of Glen Fruin after a heavy snow fall. Image c1910.
Festival winners175 viewsThe winning Helensburgh mixed team in the Scottish country dancing competition at the 1984 Inverclyde Music Festival in Greenock Town Hall. Back: Ian Hume, Jack Gregor, George Rennie; front: Anne Thorn, Dinah Buchanan. Image supplied by Anne Thorn.
173 viewsHeritage Trust chairman Stewart Noble with John Logie Baird's daughter Diana Richardson at the opening of the 'Unknown John Logie Baird Exhibition' in 2000.Photo by Kenneth Crawford.
Rowing boats ashore173 viewsLocal worthies and their rowing boats to the west of Helensburgh pier. Image date unknown.
Wee Arrochar173 viewsA special 'Wee Arrochar' train seen at Helensburgh Central Station. The local service, normally from Craigendoran to Arrochar, fell victim to the Beeching axe in June 1964. Image date unknown.
Hermitage Bowling Club172 viewsThe long-closed bowling green in Hermitage Park, also known as the Low Green, where Hermitage Bowling Club was based, with the now demolished Park Superintendent's house at the back.
Peace delegate172 viewsA French image of Andrew Bonar Law, then Lord Privy Seal, as one of the five British delegates to the Paris Peace Conference held between January 12 1919 and January 21 1920 to devise the treaties that ended the First World War.
Clyde at war-1172 viewsLooking from Fort Matila towards, Greenock pier. Two Sunderland flying boats can be seen in the right foregound. 1941 image supplied by Michael Wilson.
2165 files on 181 page(s) 171