Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album

Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Most viewed
Church of Christ, Scientist449 viewsHelensburgh's Church of Christ, Scientist, in West Princes Street, was designed in 1956 by Margaret Brodie. The First Church of Christ, Scientist had its beginnings in Helensburgh in 1910, and a plot of ground at 138-144 West Princes Street was bought in 1946; ten years later a church was built there. By 2015 the building was closed and for sale, and it was bought by a firm of architects who announced two2 years later that they would convert it into flats. Photo by Professor John Hume.
Peninsula colours448 viewsColours are presented to the Rosneath Peninsula Boy Scout companies in 1914. Standing: J.McIntyre, Cove and Kilcreggan scoutmaster Mr Rae, Rosneath scoutmaster Mr Young, W.McGruer, G.Silver; front: G.Fleming, A.MacKenzie, J.Young, J.Keir, A.McGrouther.
Craigrownie Church446 viewsUntil the 19th century the only church on the Rosneath Peninsula was in Rosneath itself. However with the coming of steamships the population of Cove and Kilcreggan expanded rapidly, and this was what brought about the construction of Craigrownie Church in Cove in 1852. By the 1880s the church was proving too small and in 1889 it was extended by the architects Honeyman and Keppie. Today it is home to the only Church of Scotland congregation in Cove and Kilcreggan, being linked with Rosneath and Garelochhead, and it was refurbished in 2017. Photo by Professor John Hume.
Hill House444 viewsA 2019 image of the damp penetration at the Charles Rennie Mackintosh mansion Hill House in Upper Colquhoun Street, currently protected by a £4million metal box roof.
Strone Farm443 viewsA 1905 image of Strone Farm in Glen Fruin.
2009 St Peter's440 viewsThe interior of the derelict St Peter's Seminary at Cardross — now the centre of a restoration project — pictured in 2009 by Stewart Noble.
438 viewsA green Garelochhead Coach Services Regent bus is pictured on a rainy day outside Helensburgh Central Station. Image, date unknown,© A.Murray-Rust licensed for reuse under Creative Commons Licence.
Bandstand view426 viewsA 1907 image of West Clyde Street, Helensburgh, looking towards the bandstand, the Granary, and the Old Parish Church.
Ardgare House405 viewsImposing Ardgare House at Shandon before the building and land was cleared to start construction of the Ardgare housing estate with its 13 homes. The castellated curved wall round the stables (top right) still exists and forms the property boundary with No.10 Ardgare. Image c.1970 supplied by Ken Glen.
Luss Hotel403 viewsTravellers arrive at Luss Hotel on Loch Lomondside. Image c.1900 by courtesy of the Helensburgh Memories website.
Pier walkers403 viewsA 1940s image of Helensburgh pier and the outdoor swimming pool.
Novelty card403 viewsA novelty card suggesting Helensburgh is a good place for romance! Image date unknown.
2178 files on 182 page(s) 162