Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > The Arts

Most viewed - The Arts
Operatic-Society-1959.jpg
Operatic Society834 viewsMembers of Helensburgh Amateur Operatic Society on stage at the Victoria Hall for the 1959 annual production. Image supplied by Rae Symon; further details wanted.
GIS-in-studio-w.jpg
Gregor Ian Smith834 viewsHelensburgh artist Gregor Ian Smith pictured in his Glen Fruin studio during the time he was doing a series of paintings of women picking mussels. Image taken and supplied by Fiona E.Mackie. Image circa 1964.
Jack_Buchanan_14.jpg
Jack The Lad827 viewsHelensburgh-born Jack Buchanan (1891-1957), a major UK musical comedy, revue and film star, choreographer, director, producer and manager, demonstrates his disarming, casual style, with fellow members of the 'Helensburgh Entertainers' in 1926.
Russell_Moffat_Operatic_Oklahoma1976-2.jpg
Oklahoma808 viewsEric McKenzie, Gordon Hanning, James Gow, Craig Rankin, Marjorie Fullerton and Helen Donaldson from the cast of the 1976 Helensburgh Amateur Operatic Society production of Oklahoma in the Victoria Hall. Image from the show programme supplied by Russell Moffatt through the Helensburgh Memories Facebook page.
Oratorio-Choir4136.jpg
Helensburgh Oratorio Choir804 viewsMembers of Helensburgh Oratorio Choir and their conductor prior to their annual concert in the Victoria Hall. Image date unknown.
Gregor-Ian-Smith-19684861.jpg
Art Show opening794 viewsGuest of honour Hugh Adam Crawford RSA (right) with his wife and local artist Gregor Ian Smith, president of Helensburgh and District Art Club, at the opening of the club's annual show in the Victoria Hall in September 1968.
Russell_Moffatt_Operatic_Oklahoma_1976.jpg
Oklahoma784 viewsThe cast of the 1976 Helensburgh Amateur Operatic Society production of Oklahoma in the Victoria Hall. Image from the show programme supplied by Russell Moffatt through the Helensburgh Memories Facebook page.
Art-Show-1967.jpg
Art Show opening781 viewsThe opening of Helensburgh and District Art Club's 16th annual exhibition in the Victoria Hall in September 1967. Standing are club president and prominent local artist Gregor Ian Smith, Scottish Arts Council assistant director William Buchanan who opened the show, and exhibition convener J.W.Norman. In front are Mrs Buchanan and club secretary Mrs Janet Stirling.
Cairney,-King-Clark4372~0.jpg
Bard's comely wench777 viewsHelensburgh girl Catherine King-Clark, a former St Bride's School pupil studying at Edinburgh School of Art, worked with actor John Cairney in a film on the life of national bard Robert Burns, directed and produced by Robert Crichton in 1973. She played one of Burns' many loves, Anna Parks, niece of the proprietor of the Globe Inn in Dumfries, and Catherine and the other members of the cast apart from Cairney all appeared in still photographs used as flashbacks.
A_N_Paterson-in-study-w.jpg
Architect and artist777 viewsArchitect and watercolourist Alexander Nisbet Paterson (1862-1947) is pictured in drawing room of his Helensburgh home, Long Croft in West Rossdhu Drive, which he designed in 1901 as a family home following his marriage to artist Maggie Hamilton in 1897. His other notable designs include the former Clyde Street School and the War Memorial in Hermitage Park. Image by courtesy of the Anderson Trust.
Theatre-Arts-67-trophy-win1~1.jpg
Theatre triumph769 viewsHelensburgh Theatre Arts Club producer Mrs Vera McIntyre is pictured with Provost J.McLeod Williamson at a civic reception in the Court Hall of the Municipal Buildings, given by the Town Council to mark the club's achievement in winning the Scottish Community Drama Association's annual three act play festival final in May 1967 at the Albert Hall, Stirling, with Mrs McIntyre's production of Thornton Wilder's 'Our Town'. In the background is the Stirling Cup.
Maggie-Hamilton-_-children-w.jpg
Maggie Hamilton and her children759 viewsNoted artist Maggie Hamilton (1867-1952) was the daughter of James and Mary Hamilton, of Thornton Lodge, Sinclair Street, Helensburgh, and brother of artist J.Whitelaw Hamilton, one of the first of the 'Glasgow Boys'. In 1897 she married architect and artist Alexander Nisbet Paterson, and she is seen here with their children Alistair and Viola inside their family home, Long Croft, in West Rossdhu Drive. Image by courtesy of the Anderson Trust.
36 files on 3 page(s) 2