Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — District

Most viewed - Places — District
Garelochhead-bay.jpg
Dalandhui and Garelochhead794 viewsLooking west from Garelochhead across the Gareloch towards Dalandhui on the left and the rest of the village, circa 1910.
Craigendoran_Avenue.jpg
Craigendoran Avenue794 viewsThe terraced houses on both sides of the unmade-up Craigendoran Avenue. Image circa 1905.
Early_Rhu.jpg
Rhu village793 viewsAn early image of the village of Rhu, at that time Row. It shows the school where the village green now is, and the villa Ardenvohr, built in 1857 to the design of local architect Thomas Gildard and at various times the home of the Muir and Hoggans families. It became the Royal Northern Yacht Club clubhouse in 1937, and in 1978 the club's name changed to the Royal Northern and Clyde Yacht Club. Image date unknown.
Dunmore-and-Pier-Road-w.jpg
Pier Road, Rhu790 viewsAn old image of the junction of the seafront road and Pier Road, Rhu, with the pier house opposite. The mansion was Dunmore House, which was eventually demolished and replaced by two matching modern houses. Image by courtesy of Jim Shields.
Gareloch_from_Rahane1192.jpg
Gareloch from Rahane789 viewsA view towards Garelochhead, with two merchant ships at anchor. Date unknown.
Kilcreggan1576.jpg
Kilcreggan789 viewsA 1927 view from the water of Kilcreggan.
Ships-in-Gareloch128.jpg
Gareloch ships789 viewsA view of the Gareloch, looking towards Shandon Hydro and the head of the loch, with three merchant ships laid up. Image date unknown.
Gareloch-sunset130.jpg
Gareloch sunset783 viewsYachts moored on the Gareloch at Rhu in the sunset, circa 1935.
Kilcreggan-view5263.jpg
Above Kilcreggan782 viewsAn early 1900s photo from above Kilcreggan looking across the Firth of Clyde. It was published by Gordon, Merchant, Cove.
Glenmallon_Tollhouse.jpg
Lochside cottage782 viewsStrone Cottage on Loch Longside, between Finnart and Arrochar, circa 1920. Image from the collection of Stella Trainor, Ontario, Canada.
Clynder.jpg
Clynder779 viewsAn old view of the beach and lochside houses at Clynder. Image supplied by Eleanor Evans; image date unknown.
Rosneath-Ferry-Inn3995.jpg
The Ferry Inn778 viewsThe famous Ferry Inn at Rosneath, circa 1910. The Edwin Lutyens-designed building was commissioned by Queen Victoria's daughter Princess Louise, the Dowager Duchess of Argyll, in the 1890s and rebuilt from an old pub. Bob Hope stayed there while entertaining troops at the nearby World War Two naval base. It fell into disuse, but was rebuilt again in the late 1950s by boatbuilder Peter Boyle.
250 files on 21 page(s) 5