Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — District

Most viewed - Places — District
Rhu-pier-old4642.jpg
Rhu Pier857 viewsLuxury yachts and the Training Ship Empress moored off Rhu Pier, circa 1906.
Drumfad-Farm-Glen-Fruin-w.jpg
Glen Fruin farm852 viewsA 1914 image of Glen Fruin, with Drumfad Farm in the foreground.
gareloch-road.jpg
Gareloch Road846 viewsExact location unknown. Date unknown.
Garelochead-shops.jpg
Garelochhead shops838 viewsThe Main Street and shops in Garelochhead. Image date unknown.
Garelochhead_cottages2962.jpg
Garelochhead cottages837 viewsCottages and a resident at Garelochhead, circa 1905-10.
Cardross-Main-Street1.jpg
Cardross Main Street837 viewsThe west entrance to Cardross village is pictured, circa 1935.
Rest_and_Be_Thankful_bend.jpg
Rest and Be Thankful837 viewsA hairpin bend on the old Rest and Be Thankful Road at Glencroe, near Arrochar. Image circa 1927.
tut_195125.jpg
King Tut 1951832 viewsTwo ladies stand on top of the famous painted rock 'King Tut' at Kilcreggan in 1951.
Peninsula_view2.jpg
Peninsula Evening828 viewsA view of the Rosneath Peninsula taken from above Whistler's Glen at Rhu in the 1960s. Photo by Donald Fullarton.
Cumberland_Terrace3011.jpg
Cumberland Terrace822 viewsCumberland Terrace in Rhu, circa 1917. It was named after the Sail Training Ship Cumberland, which was anchored off Kidston Park from 1886, when she was endowed by 12 prosperous Glasgow merchants to be a home for boys aged 12-14 at risk of being drawn into crime, until she burnt to the waterline in 1889. No lives were lost, but four boys were charged with 'incendiarism'. She was replaced by the Empress. Cumberland Terrace was built to house the ship's officers and a hospital.
Garelochhead-bay~0.jpg
Garelochhead Bay822 viewsLooking west from Garelochhead across the loch to Dalandhui, with a large yacht moored offshore. Image circa 1905.
Cardross_Main_Street_AM.jpg
Cardross Main Street817 viewsAn old image of Cardross Main Street looking west, with the house which later became the Muirholm Hotel and is now a Co-op foodstore, on the right. Image, date unknown, supplied by Archie McIntyre.
250 files on 21 page(s) 3