Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — District

Most viewed - Places — District
Geilston-Hall.jpg
Geilston Hall139 viewsGeilston Hall in Cardross. It was built in 1889-90 by Honeyman and Keppie as a drill hall for the local rifle volunteers. The pale sandstone hall is set back from the road and is in a Collegiate Tudor style. There is a two-storey administration block at the west end incorporating a square tower with a crenellated parapet. The former instructor's accommodation is on the upper level. Today the popular meeting place is operated in trust by the elected Geilston Hall Management Committee, and is a Registered Scottish Charity (SC040631). Photo by Stewart Noble.
Fruin_fishing.jpg
Fruin fishing135 viewsPhotograph of George Nicol fishing in Glen Fruin with two young helpers, taken c.1910 by keen amateur photographer Robert Thorburn, a Helensburgh grocery store manager.
1885-Clyde-map-w.jpg
!885 Clyde map128 viewsAn antique sketch map of the Clyde engraved by C.Perron.
Tam-na-voulin-embellished-w.jpg
Tamnavoulin Hotel!110 viewsAn embellished 1905 image of Tamnavoulin in Glen Fruin. The name of the small cottage derives from the Gaelic for ‘hill of the mill’. The vicinity of the cottage is thought to have been the site of a dwelling as far back as the 15th century, while one account gives the date of the present building as early 19th century.
Fruin_trap.jpg
Fruin journey98 viewsPhotograph of a horse-drawn transport through Glen Fruin, taken c.1910 by keen amateur photographer Robert Thorburn, a Helensburgh grocery store manager.
Barremman_Pier.jpg
88 viewsThe pier at Barremman, Clynder, built about 1877 on the instructions of Robert Thom, owner of Barremman Estate, is pictured, circa 1903. It was blown up by the Army in November 1967 as it was the cheapest way to demolish the pier, which had become unsafe.
Kilcreggan_shops.jpg
Kilcreggan shops74 viewsA horse and carriage wait outside the shops in Kilcreggan. Image date unknown.
Shandon_pier_church.jpg
Shandon Church47 viewsShandon Church pictured from Shandon Pier. Image date unknown.
Gareloch_from_Highlandman_s_Road.jpg
Gareloch view32 viewsA view of the Gareloch from the Highlandman's Road. Image circa 1907.
Cove_Burgh_Hall.jpg
Cove Burgh Hall27 viewsOriginally described as Kilcreggan Public Buildings, Cove Burgh Hall sits on the boundary between Cove and Kilcreggan. In recent years it has been very successfully run by a local committee who acquired it from the local authority for a nominal sum. Image date unknown.
Torr-Road-Rhu-w.jpg
4 viewsLooking down Torr Road above Rhu. Image date unknown.
 
251 files on 21 page(s) 21