| Most viewed - Places Burgh |

West Princes Street2077 viewsWest Princes Street looking east. Date unknown.
|
|

Camis Eskan Market Garden2056 viewsThe market garden area at Camis Eskan House during World War Two. Photo by kind permission of Sheila Penny.
|
|

Outdoor pool2011 viewsBuilt in 1928 as a gift from Provost Andrew Buchanan, beside the pier, the Helensburgh outdoor swimming pool was replaced in 1976 by an indoor pool on an adjacent site, and a year later the outdoor pool was closed. It was demolished in 1996 and replaced by a childrens play area. Image date unknown.
|
|

Helensburgh Municipal Buildings1993 viewsIncluded a police station with cells, and a theatre above. Still used as official buildings - even has a postbox in the same place in front of the building. Could it be the same postbox?
|
|

Camis Eskan Market Garden1972 viewsPart of the gardens at Camis Eskan during World War Two. Photo by kind permission of Sheila Penny.
|
|

Colquhoun Square in the early 1900s1965 viewsThis picture shows one of two granite water fountains which stood in the square, and also the centenery monument in the centre of West Princes Street before it was moved to the north west quadrant for road safety reasons.
|
|

Busy seafront1957 viewsThe bunting is up and the crowds are out on West Clyde Street, Helensburgh, on a sunny summer day. Image circa 1948.
|
|

1933 Helensburgh seafront1956 viewsAn unusual view of Helensburgh's west seafront from the pier, with two shelters, taken during the very hot summer of 1933.
|
|

West seafront1948 viewsLooking west from the pier, with some youngsters paddling. Date unknown.
|
|

Helensburgh Cenotaph1945 viewsAn old photograph of the Cenotaph in Hermitage Park. Today the lettering of the names of the fallen is weather-beaten, and for safety reasons the pool is kept empty.
|
|

Helensburgh Esplanade1895 viewsAll ages enjoy the seafront. Date unknown.
|
|

Bandstand and Granary1890 viewsA view east from Helensburgh pier towards the old bandstand, the granary, and the Old Parish Church, circa 1908. The granary was a malt barn from the 1700s, and about 1900 part of it was converted into a garage. It became a restaurant in 1934 and was demolished in 1980. The church was built in 1847 and demolished in the 1980s.
|
|
| 325 files on 28 page(s) |
 |
3 |  |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
|