Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Last additions
HHT-2002-play-w.jpg
Bicentenary stars81 viewsAs part of the burgh bicentenary celebrations in 2002 a play about the granting of the burgh charter was performed. In the cast (from left) were Stewart Noble as King George III, Calum McNicol as the town crier, and Jim Ritchie as Sir James Colquhoun.Jun 19, 2021
L-and-C-pot-w.jpg
For butter353 viewsThis pot was donated to the Heritage Trust by Tony Voght. It was used for selling butter by the Helensburgh seafront shop Lennox & Chapman, grocers and wine merchants.Jun 19, 2021
Clyde-at-War-1-w.jpg
Clyde at war-1180 viewsLooking from Fort Matila towards, Greenock pier. Two Sunderland flying boats can be seen in the right foregound. 1941 image supplied by Michael Wilson.May 19, 2021
Clyde-at-War-3-w.jpg
Clyde at war-3468 viewsLooking over from Army huts at Portkil, Kilcreggan, towards Gourock, with battleships and cruisers in the foreground. 1942 image supplied by Michael Wilson.May 19, 2021
Clyde-at-War-2-w.jpg
Clyde at war-2246 viewsShips of a wartime convoy anchored in lines from Portkil to Ardmore. 1942 image donated by Michael Wilson.May 19, 2021
WW2-postcard.jpg
Wartime greetings396 viewsA World War Two postcard referring to Helensburgh, posted in 1945 to Miss Betty Wilson of Paisley.May 01, 2021
Inverarnan-House-w.jpg
Inverarnan House269 viewsAn image of Inverarnan House on Loch Lomondside, c.1930.May 01, 2021
Fernbreck-w.jpg
Viaduct view234 viewsAn image of Fernbreck, Garelochead, and the viaduct on the hillside. Image date unknown.Apr 19, 2021
Rosneath-Post-Office-w.jpg
Village Post Office194 viewsA 1905 image of the Post Office in Rosneath village.Apr 19, 2021
St-Modan_s-Church-w.jpg
St Modan's Church286 viewsA 1905 image of Rosneath Parish Church, St Modan's.Apr 19, 2021
Hel-Golf-Club-1944-w.jpg
Helensburgh Golf Club204 viewsA view of the clubhouse, circa 1944. The club was founded in 1893, with a nine hole course designed by former Open champion 'Old' Tom Morris. This second clubhouse was opened in 1900, and five years later the course was upgraded to 18 holes.Mar 29, 2021
cardross-plough-medal-w.jpg
Ploughing medal166 viewsThis Sterling Medal Victorian Watch Fob, described as a stunning example of the workmanship coming out of the United Kingdom during the mid-19th century, was sold on ebay and fetched over £700. It was presented in 1854 by the Cardross Ploughing Association, affiliated with the Highland & Agricultural Society of Scotland and founded in 1784 to promote the regeneration of rural Scotland, as well as the preservation of its poetry, language and music. It was inscribed 'Gained two successive years by John King'.Mar 29, 2021
2179 files on 182 page(s) 6