Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Last additions
Hermitage-Bowling-Club.jpg
Hermitage Bowling Club210 viewsThe long-closed bowling green in Hermitage Park, also known as the Low Green, where Hermitage Bowling Club was based, with the now demolished Park Superintendent's house at the back.Oct 25, 2019
Pier-rowing-boats.jpg
Rowing boats ashore205 viewsLocal worthies and their rowing boats to the west of Helensburgh pier. Image date unknown.Oct 25, 2019
Portincaple-house-.jpg
Mystery House272 viewsA July 1905 image which shows Mrs Smith and her dog Top outside their house, possibly at Portincaple. More information welcome.Oct 25, 2019
Bonar-Law-birthplace.jpg
Bonar Law's birthplace124 viewsThe Andrew Bonar Law story began in this house in Rexton, a small village in eastern New Brunswick, Canada, where he was born on 16th September 1858, the youngest of five children, and he also had two younger half-sisters. His father, the Rev James Law, MA, was a Scottish Free Church minister, his mother Elizabeth a member of the Kidston family of rich merchant bankers which has played such an important part in Helensburgh’s history.Oct 25, 2019
Larchfield-by-Stuart-w.jpg
Larchfield276 viewsThe early days of Larchfield School in Colquhoun Street, Helensburgh, photographed by John Stuart who had a photographers business in Helensburgh and Glasgow, and served as Provost of Helensburgh from 1877-84.Oct 21, 2019
Lady-Clare-Red-Gauntlet-w.jpg
Steamers berthed114 viewsA 1905 image of the steamers S.S. Lady Clare and Red Gauntlet moored alonside Craigendoran Pier.Oct 21, 2019
Glen-at-Glen-Drive-w.jpg
His street385 viewsHelensburgh's last Provost, the late Norman M.Glen, in front of the street named after him. Photo by the late Kenneth Crawford.Oct 18, 2019
Tamnavoulin-SN-3-w.jpg
Tamnavoulin193 viewsThe historic Glen Fruin cottage Tamnavoulin, pictured by Stewart Noble in 2015, the year it was bought for redevelopment. The name of the small cottage derives from the Gaelic for ‘hill of the mill’. The vicinity of the cottage is thought to have been the site of a dwelling as far back as the 15th century, while one account gives the date of the present building as early 19th century.Oct 16, 2019
Tamnavoulin-SN-1-w~1.jpg
Tamnavoulin171 viewsThe historic Glen Fruin cottage Tamnavoulin, pictured by Stewart Noble in 2015, the year it was bought for redevelopment. The name of the small cottage derives from the Gaelic for ‘hill of the mill’. The vicinity of the cottage is thought to have been the site of a dwelling as far back as the 15th century, while one account gives the date of the present building as early 19th century.Oct 16, 2019
Tamnavoulin-SN-2-w.jpg
Tamnavoulin167 viewsThe historic Glen Fruin cottage Tamnavoulin, pictured by Stewart Noble in 2015, the year it was bought for redevelopment. The name of the small cottage derives from the Gaelic for ‘hill of the mill’. The vicinity of the cottage is thought to have been the site of a dwelling as far back as the 15th century, while one account gives the date of the present building as early 19th century.Oct 16, 2019
Seafront-relax-w.jpg
Relaxing on seafront397 viewsA 1912 image showing two ladies with hats relaxing on the west esplanade near the pier.May 19, 2019
Cardross-Golf-Club-original-w.jpg
Original clubhouse479 viewsThe original Cardross Golf Club clubhouse, which was destroyed in a World War Two bombing raid by the Luftwaffe over the night of May 5 1941. Photo by courtesy of Helensburgh Memories on Facebook.Apr 16, 2019
2179 files on 182 page(s) 20