Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Last additions
Park_mansion.jpg
Hermitage House2239 viewsHome of the Cramb family who sold what was then called Cramb Park to the Town Council in 1911 for £3,750. During World War One it was used as an auxiliary hospital, before becoming an annexe to Hermitage School. After 1926 it became a council workshop and store, and it was eventually demolished in 1963.Oct 15, 2007
Hermitage_Park_children.jpg
Play in the Park1475 viewsChildren enjoy Hermitage Park. The Cenotaph can be seen in the distance.Oct 15, 2007
Luss_Church_window5.jpg
Luss Parish Church Window830 viewsA Colquhoun memorial window.Oct 15, 2007
Cenotaph.jpg
Helensburgh Cenotaph1485 viewsAn old photograph of the Cenotaph in Hermitage Park. Today the lettering of the names of the fallen is weather-beaten, and for safety reasons the pool is kept empty.Oct 15, 2007
Baird_postcard3.jpg
Baird by Conroy915 viewsLocal artist Stephen Conroy painted this portrait of TV inventor John Logie Baird. He was specially commissioned by the Scottish Post Office Board to paint six portraits for a postcard series to celebrate the contribution Scots have made to communication, in the year of 1989 when the first Edinburgh Festival of Science and Technology took 'communication' as its theme.Oct 15, 2007
1984_Rotary_golf1.jpg
Rotary Golf1710 viewsMembers of Helensburgh Rotary Club with their counterparts from the Dumbarton club at Cardross Golf Club on June 27 1984 for the annual match.
The burgh members are — front: Angus Wylie (2nd from left), Gordon Mickel (right); standing: Ian Baird, Gordon Burgess, Fraser Nicol, Jim McBlane, Hamish Andrew, Gordon Hattle, Walter Bryden, David Esslemont and Angus Trail. Holding the trophies are Dumbarton's Billy Ritchie and Sam Diab, both Helensburgh residents.
Oct 15, 2007
rotary_30th.jpg
Rotary 30th Birthday1307 viewsMembers of Helensburgh Rotary Club and guests attend a 30th anniversary dinner in the Rosslea Hall Hotel, Rhu, on October 21 1994. Seated are Jack Quinlan, Angus Wylie and Willie Mickel. Among those standing are David Arthur, Walter Bryden, Gordon Hattle, Denis Taylor, Mel McDonald, Craig Jeffrey, Gordon Burgess and Rex Cook.Oct 15, 2007
seafront~1.jpg
Helensburgh Seafront1071 viewsLooking east from William Street.Oct 15, 2007
tarbethotel.jpg
Tarbet Hotel1086 viewsErected about 1810, the Tarbet Hotel was built in true Scottish baronial style with fine features both inside and out, and has been a mecca for visitors ever since. Loch Lomond and the road to Crianlarich is to the right, the road to Arrochar to the left.Oct 15, 2007
clydestcart.jpg
East Clyde Street1850 viewsThe lamp standard on the left marks the entrance to the Queen's Hotel. Postmarked 1920.Oct 15, 2007
eastbay.jpg
Helensburgh East Bay994 viewsLooking west from in front of the Queen's Hotel — note writing on seawall. Image date unknown.
Oct 15, 2007
knockderrycastle.jpg
Knockderry Castle, Cove2428 viewsBuilt on the site of a Danish fort about 1855 to the design of the famous architect Alexander 'Greek' Thomson, Knockderry Castle at Cove became the family home of the Templeton carpet manufacturing family. In 1896-7 another famous architect, William Leiper, designed an extension and a lodge for John Templeton, and a famous guest of his at the castle was millionaire philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. For some years a hotel, it is now a private residence again. Image circa 1912.Oct 15, 2007
2179 files on 182 page(s) 175