Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album

Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Last additions
Wartime Cuppa1202 viewsCustomers at a tea van run by the Women's Volunteer Service outside the council offices in Helensburgh in 1942. The following year the WVS (later the WRVS), founded in 1938, began the first meals on wheels service.Nov 05, 2007
Horse as well as motor transport1137 viewsUnknown vehicle in the foreground, with a horse and carriage in front of it as well as one approaching. Craigendoran Station and pier is in the far background on the right. Pre-1909.Nov 05, 2007
The East Bay1039 viewsLooking towards CraigendoranNov 05, 2007
Remains of Malig Mill928 viewsBeside the remains of the mill is the specially enlarged mill pond.Nov 05, 2007
West Princes Street1042 viewsLooking east to Sinclair Street and East Princes Street, with the Municipal Buildings and station on the left. Dated November 1922.Nov 05, 2007
The West Seafront1049 viewsThe exact location is in uncertain. Undated, but note the clothing style.Nov 03, 2007
Pier View1079 viewsLooking east from Helensburgh pier, with paddling where the pier car park is now. A funfair on the left and the old Granary can be seen in front of the clock tower. Undated.Nov 03, 2007
The Swimming Pool2402 viewsHelensburgh's outdoor pool. Undated, possible the 1960s.Nov 01, 2007
Ferry Inn, Rosneath2365 viewsThe Edwin Lutyens-designed Ferry Inn was commissioned by Queen Victoria's daughter Princess Louise, the Dowager Duchess of Argyll, in the 1890s and rebuilt from an old pub. Bob Hope stayed there while entertaining troops at the nearby World War Two naval base. It fell into disuse, but was rebuilt again in the late 1950s by boatbuilder Peter Boyle. Image is undated. Nov 01, 2007
Old Corn Mill959 viewsOld Corn Mill, Rosneath.
Postmarked 1910
Oct 29, 2007
Coaches at the pier1504 viewsThree coaches wait at Helensburgh pierhead for the arrival of the next steamer. Date unknown.Oct 29, 2007
First Commodore Leaves1175 viewsThe first Commodore Clyde, Derek Kent, and his wife leave the Clyde Submarine Base at Faslane at the end of his tour of duty. He was promoted to Rear Admiral and appointed Flag Officer Malta.Oct 29, 2007
2179 files on 182 page(s) 172