Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — District

Last additions - Places — District
Shandon_from_pier.jpg
Shandon from pier716 viewsShandon Pier, which was demolished in 1980, with Shandon Church beyond. It became linked with Rhu Church in 1954, which led to full union in 1971. It ceased to be a church in 1981, and was converted into dwellings. Image circa 1908.Aug 06, 2012
Silver_Bay_Kilcreggan.jpg
Silver Bay645 viewsA 1929 view of Silver Bay, Kilcreggan, looking east.Jul 04, 2012
Garelochhead_Hotel_view~0.jpg
Garelochhead Hotel view732 viewsThe view looking north from outside Garelochhead Hotel. It was was demolished following a serious fire in the 1990s. Image circa 1906.Jul 01, 2012
Whistlefield_Brae020.jpg
Whistlefield Brae665 viewsA 1906 image of Whistlefield Brae, Garelochhead, with residents posing for the photograph beside the road up the hill to Whistlefield.Jun 29, 2012
Garelochhead_bypass.jpg
Garelochhead bypass691 viewsConstruction work on a bridge over the West Highland railway line during the building of the Garelochhead bypass. Image, circa 1986, supplied by Jim Chestnut.Jun 29, 2012
Rams-head-bridge-w.jpg
Ram's Head Bridge639 viewsThis 2012 photo by Donald Fullarton shows the Ram's Head Bridge in Glen Luss, built in 1777 by William Johns, seen in winter with little vegetation. It was also known as the Tupp Bridge. Glen Luss was one of the first of the Highland glens to be cleared after the defeat of the Jacobites in 1745, with the people forced off the land and replaced by the Linton breed of black-faced sheep.Jun 27, 2012
Portincaple_old_view~3.jpg
Portincaple627 viewsAn old view of the Loch Longside fishing village of Portincaple. Image date unknown.Jun 27, 2012
Kilcreggan_villas086.jpg
Kilcreggan villas685 viewsA 1903 image of villas along the Kilcreggan shoreline.Mar 20, 2012
Fruin-Water071-w.jpg
Fruin Water745 viewsAn old image of the Fruin Water. Image date and exact location not known.Feb 08, 2012
Tarbet___Cobbler.jpg
Tarbet and the Cobbler701 viewsA view from the eastern side of Loch Lomond looking across at Tarbet, with its large hotel prominent, and beyond to the summit of the Cobbler mountain. Also known as Ben Arthur, it is called the Cobbler because of its resemblance, from a distance, to a cobbler at work. Image circa 1934.Jan 17, 2012
Arrochar_pier.jpg
Arrochar Pier and Loch Long780 viewsTwo steamers are berthed at Arrochar Pier, which was built in 1850 and used to service several steamers daily with visitors from Glasgow. On the other side of the loch is the torpedo testing station. Image circa 1920.Nov 20, 2011
Glen_Fruin_cottages004.jpg
Glen Fruin cottages719 viewsTwo young girls are pictured in front of cottages in Glen Fruin in this old image published by Stewart, Stationer, Helensburgh.Oct 20, 2011
251 files on 21 page(s) 8