Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — District

Last additions - Places — District
Old-Luss-Road-26_10_31.jpg
210 viewsA sketch of a young woman collecting firewood on the Old Luss Road, which runs from Helensburgh over the hill to Loch Lomond, and passes through Helensburgh Golf Club. Image c1910.Oct 26, 2019
Fruin-in-winter.jpg
Snowy Glen184 viewsThe Craig's Pool area of Glen Fruin after a heavy snow fall. Image c1910.Oct 25, 2019
Bannachra-Castle.jpg
Bannachra Castle188 viewsThe ruins of Bannachra Castle on the Luss road from Helensburgh, between Cross Keys and Arden. The Castle was in roughly the shape of a parallelogram, 46 feet long and 24 feet wide, and was three storeys high with a barrel vaulted basement, a main or hall floor and an attic floor. It is currently owned by the Lumsden family, which has owned the lands on which the castle is since the 19th century. Reputed to be on the site of a former construction, it was probably built in the 16th century. Image c1910.Oct 25, 2019
Tamnavoulin-SN-3-w.jpg
Tamnavoulin171 viewsThe historic Glen Fruin cottage Tamnavoulin, pictured by Stewart Noble in 2015, the year it was bought for redevelopment. The name of the small cottage derives from the Gaelic for ‘hill of the mill’. The vicinity of the cottage is thought to have been the site of a dwelling as far back as the 15th century, while one account gives the date of the present building as early 19th century.Oct 16, 2019
Tamnavoulin-SN-1-w~1.jpg
Tamnavoulin161 viewsThe historic Glen Fruin cottage Tamnavoulin, pictured by Stewart Noble in 2015, the year it was bought for redevelopment. The name of the small cottage derives from the Gaelic for ‘hill of the mill’. The vicinity of the cottage is thought to have been the site of a dwelling as far back as the 15th century, while one account gives the date of the present building as early 19th century.Oct 16, 2019
Tamnavoulin-SN-2-w.jpg
Tamnavoulin162 viewsThe historic Glen Fruin cottage Tamnavoulin, pictured by Stewart Noble in 2015, the year it was bought for redevelopment. The name of the small cottage derives from the Gaelic for ‘hill of the mill’. The vicinity of the cottage is thought to have been the site of a dwelling as far back as the 15th century, while one account gives the date of the present building as early 19th century.Oct 16, 2019
Rhu-water-trip.jpg
Waterworks trip219 viewsLocal worthies, including F.C.Buchanan of Rowmore, Rhu (left), celebrate the opening of a new dam and waterworks in the hills above the village, c.1896.Feb 10, 2019
Rhu_from_Woodstone.jpg
Looking down on Rhu651 viewsRhu village and Rhu Bay are seen from above from the drive of Woodstone Court, circa 1959. A black and white version is also in this album.Jan 28, 2018
Rhu_from_Ardenconnel.jpg
Rhu from Ardenconnel592 viewsAn old image of Rhu from Ardenconnel, now the home of Rhu Amateurs. Image date unknown.Aug 07, 2017
Glen-Fruin-cattle.jpg
Glen Fruin cattle679 viewsCows meander through Glen Fruin. Image published by Stewart Stationer, Helensburgh, circa 1918.Mar 13, 2017
Kirkpath-Lane-Rhu.jpg
Road to kirk719 viewsChildren on Church Road in Rhu. Image c.1910.Mar 13, 2017
Rest-and-Be-Thankful-north-2.jpg
Rest and be Thankful689 viewsThe north end of the Rest and be Thankful road, with the old military road below. Image, circa 2010, supplied by Gordon Fraser.Dec 28, 2016
251 files on 21 page(s) 3