Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — District

Last additions - Places — District
Early_Gareloch.jpg
Gareloch evening728 viewsA view south looking across Rhu Pier to the Training Ship Empress moored in the Gareloch. Image date unknown.Jun 06, 2010
Early_Rhu.jpg
Rhu village796 viewsAn early image of the village of Rhu, at that time Row. It shows the school where the village green now is, and the villa Ardenvohr, built in 1857 to the design of local architect Thomas Gildard and at various times the home of the Muir and Hoggans families. It became the Royal Northern Yacht Club clubhouse in 1937, and in 1978 the club's name changed to the Royal Northern and Clyde Yacht Club. Image date unknown.Jun 06, 2010
Shandon_fishpond.jpg
Shandon Hydro fish pond816 viewsA fish pond in the grounds of Shandon Hydropathic Hotel. Originally West Shandon, the magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished. Image circa 1910.Jun 05, 2010
Tarbet_Pier.jpg
Tarbet Pier676 viewsThe steamer Maid of the Loch is seen arriving at Tarbet Pier. Image circa 1958.Apr 23, 2010
Gareloch_sunset.jpg
Gareloch sunset918 viewsAn atmospheric image of a yacht moored in the Gareloch near Rhu at sunset, circa 1951.Apr 23, 2010
Luss_from_pier.jpg
Luss from pier671 viewsAn old photo of Luss from the village pier. Image date unknown.Apr 23, 2010
Burnfoot.jpg
Burnfoot721 viewsThe Burnfoot farmhouse at Arden on Loch Lomondside, looking north towards Ben Lomond. Also known as Burnfoot of Ross Farm. Nearby the ferry to Inchmurrin leaves. Image circa 1920.Mar 14, 2010
Rhu_from_Rosneath.jpg
Rhu from Rosneath660 viewsA view of Rhu Point, with the bay and the village beyond, taken from the hill above Rosneath. Pre-1945, but image date unknown.Mar 09, 2010
Rosneath_from_Rhu.jpg
Rosneath from Rhu693 viewsA view from Rhu Point looking towards Rosneath Pier and the Lutyens-designed Ferry House, with a steamer travelling into the Gareloch. The pier was closed in 1942. Image circa 1911.Mar 09, 2010
Kilcreggan_aerial.jpg
Kilcreggan from the air772 viewsAn aerial view of Kilcreggan and its pier. Image circa 1961.Mar 09, 2010
Loch_Lomond_aerial.jpg
Loch Lomond686 viewsAn aerial view of Loch Lomond, which is 23 miles long and, at its widest, five miles wide. To the left is the 3,192 feet Ben Lomond. Image circa 1982.Mar 09, 2010
Loch_Long.jpg
Loch Long671 viewsA view of Loch Long from above Kilcreggan. Image circa 1960.Mar 09, 2010
251 files on 21 page(s) 11