Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Transport — Railways

Craigendoran_Station_pier_platform.jpg
Steamers platform75 viewsAn old image showing passengers making their way from the Glasgow-Helensburgh train down the platform towards the steamers at the pier. Image date unknown.
Craigendoran_train.jpg
Craigendoran train1085 viewsThe 4.17 p.m. Glasgow Queen Street to Helensburgh train, drawn by Class V3 2-6-2 tank engine no.67626, is seen approaching Craigendoran Station on July 2 1955. Image by Ian S.Pearsall.
Diesel_Hel_Upper.jpg
Diesel at Helensburgh1141 viewsThis class 27 diesel engine, no.27034, was pictured at Helensburgh Upper Station on April 9 1975.
Engine-67629.jpg
67629 at Helensburgh1396 viewsAn engine of the 84-ton V1 Class introduced in 1930, 67629, waits at Helensburgh Central. Photo reproduced by kind permission of the Duncan Chandler Collection, the copyright holder.
Engine-67679_18-02-17~0.jpg
V3 67679 at Helensburgh1219 viewsThe 86-ton Gresley designed V3 engine 67679, from a class introduced in 1939, at Helensburgh Central Station before a journey to Bridgeton Cross in July 1954.
Engine_676313371.jpg
Helensburgh engine1356 viewsV1 Engine no.67631, a Gresley design introduced in 1930 and weighing 84 tons, pictured at Helensburgh Central in November 1952.
Engine_at_Helensburgh.jpg
299 viewsEngine number 67628, an 84 ton Gresley-designed V1 class 2-6-2T locomotive prepares to leave Helensburgh Central Station. The photo was taken some time between 1956 and 1959 when electric train services were introduced.
Engine_Helensburgh.jpg
Engine 'Helensburgh'1098 viewsThree of these 47-ton Drummond 4-4-0T locomotives were built in 1879 by Neilson & Co. No further D50s were built, and the last two were withdrawn in 1926. The D50s worked the trains between Glasgow and Helensburgh before being replaced by Reid C15 4-4-2T tank engines in 1913. They then moved to Dundee, Eastfield, and Parkhead. All three members of the D50 class were named — 494 Craigendoran, 495 Roseneath, 496 Helensburgh. Image supplied by Jim Chestnut; date unknown.
Garelochheaad-turntable12.jpg
Garelochhead turntable1209 viewsThe engine turntable near Garelochhhead Station. Image date unknown.
Garelochhead-Station-w.jpg
Garelochhead Station762 viewsA view of Garelochhead Station on the West Highland Line. Image, date unknown, supplied by Gordon Fraser.
Garelochhead-Station13.jpg
Garelochhead Station1192 viewsGarelochhead Station on the West Highland Line. Like all the local upper stations except Rhu, it was originally designed to look like a Swiss chalet. Image date unknown.
Garelochhead-train14.jpg
Train at Garelochhead1268 viewsA steam train passes through Garelochhead Station. The engine no.67460 is a Class C15 push-and-pull, a class designed by Reid and introduced in 1911, weighing some 68 tons. Image date unknown.
86 files on 8 page(s) 4