Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album

Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Old Postcards

Shandon Fishing Pond1157 viewsThis fishing pond was attached to Shandon Hydropathic Hotel, the former home of Clyde shipbuilder Robert Napier.
West Clyde Street882 viewsThe sign on the end of the building says "West End Garage Loan Bros".
Sinclair Street looking north1278 viewsThis old card, looking up Sinclair Street from Clyde Street, is post-dated 1905. The nearest lamp post on the east side is inscribed Clyde St E.
Pierhead924 viewsRobert Brown's "Cyclists Rest" and "Pierhead Vaults" is on the Colquhoun Street corner. In the distance is the bandstand. Date unknown.
Craigendoran Station1100 viewsA Tucks oilette postcard of Craigendoran Station with a train coming into the station. The station and steamer terminal opened for business under the North British Railway on May 15 1882, and steamer services were finally withdrawn in 1972. The piers have since become derelict, and on the firth side of the line the station buildings are long gone. Post-dated June 3 1907 to New York, the card has an American one cent stamp on it.
Centenary Cross887 viewsOld postcard with the centenary cross in the middle of Colquhoun Square, and the coat of arms.
The West Seafront1147 viewsThe exact location is in uncertain. Undated, but note the clothing style.
Pier View1175 viewsLooking east from Helensburgh pier, with paddling where the pier car park is now. A funfair on the left and the old Granary can be seen in front of the clock tower. Undated.
Seafront from the pier928 viewsPostally used July 1925.
Shandon Hydropathic Hotel1092 viewsOriginally West Shandon, this magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished.
Helensburgh, Looking East1028 viewsTaken from the pier.
Remains of Malig Mill982 viewsBeside the remains of the mill is the specially enlarged mill pond.
54 files on 5 page(s) 3